Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookey26
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Tips for DIY 2019 what to book and when

Hi

Looking for some advice on what to book and when , booked package last time and was great but due to school will be going last 2 weeks of August so hoping DIY might save us some pennies.

Based on a family of four looking at 3 night at a universal hotel, then 11 nights at disney with dinning plan, don't want a car so happy to uber when needed, obviously flights too .

Do I book hotel first or wait for flights , any tips on best time for flights.

We may be a party of 6 but not confirmed but I do know we are definitely going as a four minimum.

Thank you x
Pookey26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

Book your hotels as and when you see an offer you like, just check there's flexibility if you don't get the flights you want.
Flights are 11 months from your return date, indirect will give you the biggest savings.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are looking for same as you so will be watching this thread.

I was thinking either:

-Booking the whole thing through Orlando Attractions who were cheaper than Disney direct with cashback when I asked for a dummy quote for this year.
-Booking direct with Disney with cashback and a flights and hotel package with Expedia for the Universal hotel.
-Booking direct with Disney with cashback, flights (either Netflights or direct with VA/TC) and Universal hotel with Travelbag or similar.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

2019 for us so will be watching this thread.

Just looked at flight prices for 2018 same details as this year and prices are almost double 🤔
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookey26
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

So many options to choose from and just trying to get best deal . I think I'm most nervous about booking flights at a decent price .
I'd forgotten about orlando attractions bought our universal tickets from them last time and they were lovely people to deal with and good price .
Pookey26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi.

I'm pretty much doing the same as you but next year. We booked Disney hotel in April ish this year so we got free DDP and the £200 gift card.

We're staying at SSR with a 2 bed and a studio for 6 adults and a baby. Again same as you 11 nights.

I booked this with a local travel agent. I also maybe just last month booked 3 nights at HRH club level (3 rooms) again booked through travel agent.

My flights will come out the middle of next month ( we're going mid sept 2018) so see what there prices are like if the prices aren't right I'll wait till Xmas and see if there's any sales on.

We want to fly direct from Glasgow but happy to fly indirect from Edinburgh if there is a saving to be had.

Need to but universal, HHN tickets etc still but will do that online at some point.

On the car front I think we will leave it just now. If we get a car or two we will get it for a week in the middle. Will look at that more once we have an itenery out together when park hours are out and ADRs have been made to see if it'll be cheaper to uber or car.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookey26
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by clarithy View Post
Hi.

I'm pretty much doing the same as you but next year. We booked Disney hotel in April ish this year so we got free DDP and the £200 gift card.

We're staying at SSR with a 2 bed and a studio for 6 adults and a baby. Again same as you 11 nights.

I booked this with a local travel agent. I also maybe just last month booked 3 nights at HRH club level (3 rooms) again booked through travel agent.

My flights will come out the middle of next month ( we're going mid sept 2018) so see what there prices are like if the prices aren't right I'll wait till Xmas and see if there's any sales on.

We want to fly direct from Glasgow but happy to fly indirect from Edinburgh if there is a saving to be had.

Need to but universal, HHN tickets etc still but will do that online at some point.

On the car front I think we will leave it just now. If we get a car or two we will get it for a week in the middle. Will look at that more once we have an itenery out together when park hours are out and ADRs have been made to see if it'll be cheaper to uber or car.
Brilliant this sounds great nice to Have a rough time frame of things. Hope you get the flights your after best of luck.

Thanks xx
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'm planning the last two weeks August 2019 too and also want to do DIY this time.

What is the best way to go about using cashback? never done that before.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
I'm planning the last two weeks August 2019 too and also want to do DIY this time.

What is the best way to go about using cashback? never done that before.
Sign up for an account with either topcashback and/or quidco. It's completely free.

When you come round to booking (be it car hire, hotel or Disney) have a look at which site offers the best rate for cashback. Search for the vendor you want and look at the best rate.

Disney usually run at about 4%, Hotels.com is sometimes as high as 12%(!)

When you're ready to book, go to the cashback site, type in the vendor and click 'Get cashback.' The window for the vendor will open automatically. Book as normal and you will find that the purchase will register on your topcashback account. This is cash that eventually will become payable right to your bank account.

Disney purchases become payable after about three months. Other vendors can take longer, a lot of hotels sites, for example, don't pay out until about 8 weeks after your stay.

It's absolutely fantastic. I do it for everything 😂
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi. I have booked a lovely villa via one of your Dibbers for 2019. I know it is a bit away but just want to get an idea month flights will be available for 2019 so I don't have to keep checking on a daily basis! Will be flying from Glasgow/Edinburgh and would prefer direct flights if possible. Thanks in advance - Florida first timer!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List