Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great report. Cali grill brunch looks amazing. Homcoming is on my list to try next year, the hummingbird cake is swaying it for me.

Looking forward to more.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your reviews!
We haven't been to Jiko for years and we must get back there
Brunch at California Grill looked really nice. We've not been impressed with the dinner there that last couple of visits but love the actual restaurant so brunch would be a great option for us
Looking forward to reading along
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your report, that food at Jiko & Homecomin looks fantastic! I really wish I’d taken the Hummingbird cake to go - still feel like I missed out every time someone else has it in a food report 🙈
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report- some really fab food choices at food & wine!

Cali brunch looked amazing but glad you sent your eggs benedict back, at that price you expect your breakfast to at least be warm!
Old 16 Oct 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We enjoyed the food at Homecomin' but the size of the portions made me feel really overfaced (which has never happened before!). I loved the Hummingbird cake

The lobster roll was one of my favourite F&W dishes - so much lobster!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by clarithy View Post
Great report. Cali grill brunch looks amazing. Homcoming is on my list to try next year, the hummingbird cake is swaying it for me.

Looking forward to more.
The cake was amazing, well worth a visit for that alone!

Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
Really enjoying your reviews!
We haven't been to Jiko for years and we must get back there
Brunch at California Grill looked really nice. We've not been impressed with the dinner there that last couple of visits but love the actual restaurant so brunch would be a great option for us
Looking forward to reading along
Thank you. Brunch was definitely a more sedate and grown up atmosphere than our last few dinners there. Expensive but a very nice experience.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Loving your report, that food at Jiko & Homecomin looks fantastic! I really wish I’d taken the Hummingbird cake to go - still feel like I missed out every time someone else has it in a food report 🙈
Thank you. Ha ha, I was tempted not to bother with dessert as I was so full but once I'd got it back to the room I was so glad I did!

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
Great report- some really fab food choices at food & wine!

Cali brunch looked amazing but glad you sent your eggs benedict back, at that price you expect your breakfast to at least be warm!
Thank you. Yeah you would wouldn't you. I have a feeling they just made up a batch of sauce in advance, but still they could do each order individually for what they charge.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
We enjoyed the food at Homecomin' but the size of the portions made me feel really overfaced (which has never happened before!). I loved the Hummingbird cake

The lobster roll was one of my favourite F&W dishes - so much lobster!
The portions were pretty massive there. I was so glad I didn't get the other fried chicken dish as it came with an extra piece, and eating the 2 I had was hard enough.

The roll was good and great value for a snack credit!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

September 19th

We had a very early start this morning for Early Morning Magic at MK. We did this last year with my sister and I loved it so it was one of the first things I booked when we arranged this trip. Although expensive at $69 per person, for me it’s worth it to get multiple rides on the mine train and Peter Pan plus it means you don’t need to use fast passes for these freeing up your choices for other rides.

We ate the included breakfast around 9:30. There was plenty of choice and I had sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes and french toast.

Neil had similar but had vegetable frittata with his.

After our late breakfast we weren't that hungry for lunch, so we used one QS credit for a late lunch back at POR, splitting a seafood platter. This was really good with fish, prawns and fried tomatoes, the latter two elements cooked to order served with fries and coleslaw.

Dinner tonight was at Narcoossees, we arrived just a few minutes early and were sat very quickly at a nice window table . It was much quieter than we've seen in the past but at this point the parks in general still seemed quiet overall.

Our server was good tonight, it ended up being quite a leisurely meal but he was friendly and the timing worked perfectly for watching Hallowishes.

To drink I had the Magical star cocktail which was good as always, it was may be a little sweet but you have to love a glow cube.

Neil had a Woodford manhattan, he said it was good but a little smoky and not as nice as an old fashioned but worth a try

We were brought a loaf of sourdough bread and salted butter. This was so good we had to really force ourselves to stop eating it, otherwise we would have filled up just on bread.

My entree was Seared Scallops with trofie pasta, almonds, raisins, mushrooms and lemon mustard jus. This was amazing, there were 5 large scallops cooked perfectly, the pasta was al dente, the mushrooms were so flavourful and although it sounds weird to have scallops/sultanas/almonds together it really worked.

Neil had the Lobster tail, there was lots of it and it was cooked nicely it was just a bit of a pain to get out of the shell. The asparagus was fresh and perfectly cooked, and the corn soufflé tasted just like cornbread. Yum!

Dessert here for me is always the almond cheesecake. This was amazing as always, it’s rich so the cherries are really needed to cut through the sweetness, I disappointingly couldn’t finish and Neil had to help me out.

Neil had the Narcoossee’s Candy bar, a dark chocolate mocha bar served with chocolate ice cream. This was super rich, if you are a chocolate lover it was good but may be a bit one dimensional. I thought it was strange it was served with chocolate ice cream as a contrasting flavour would have added something different.

We used 2 credits for this on the DDP. I know signature dining isn't the best deal on the DDP but we much prefer these meals, and Neils lobster dish was over $70 so it was pretty good value.
We were able to finish the night by watching Hallowishes from a very uncrowded Narcoosees deck which was a lovely end to the evening.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What dates did you visit? Another great foodie day!

Lobster, yum . . . . .

Also a magical star has also to be done at least once a trip, at least 🍸
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh Narcoosees looks lovely what a fab meal.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Narcoossee's didn't quite fit in with our plans on our most recent trip but it's top of my list for next time! That almond cheesecake looks so good.
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List