Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Mar 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

My Daughter had one but very rarely wore it - it is a nice keepsake though so I'm still glad that I bought it.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

The year sixes where I work wear them but there’s no way my son in year 11 would wear one .
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter did not have one as she didn't want one. What annoyed me more than anything was even though she didn't have or want a hoodie, her name was left off the leavers names by the snooty cow that was running the PTA.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My son is super fussy about his clothes but he had one and wore it to death. Surprised me. He was in a super tight group of friends though and I think proud of benlonging to that group. Also they’re a nice souvenir of school worn or not IMO.
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
my daughter had one but doesn't wear it very often but I do think it's a nice keepsake. My DS is currently in Y10 so if he wants one at the end of Y11, I'll get it for him even though I know he won't wear it much, if at all.
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Mobile

Both sons have them. They have all the kids names printed so will be a nice keepsake in future years.
daisymae is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

My eldest DS got a t shirt and all the kids in the class signed everyones - he has never worn that but has it in a frame in his bedroom surrounded by pictures from their leavers do so it's still a nice keepsake.

Younger DS got a hoody and he wears it constantly, in fact he had it on after school yesterday. I see kids round this way (both boys and girls) wearing leavers hoodies all the time!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

My DS is 20 and still wearing 3 t-shirts and 3 hoodies from various music tours and Year 13 leavers. He dosses around the house in the t-shirts and throws on the hoodie to pop to the gym. All have been excellent quality and haven't shrunk or faded.

I believe the sales of his Year 13 leavers hoodies were raising funds towards their prom in a rather posh golf club, so almost everyone bought them.

And yes, our experience was that names were not printed of those who didn't participate or purchase. I'm guessing because cost increases the more lettering you have?

Edited at 01:26 AM.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by missy E View Post
I can't understand why they have leavers hoodies in yr 6 primary and yr 11 secondary.

When they leave its summer so its totally inappropriate for the time of year. We had yr6 leaver wearing theirs on the last day for a couple of hours max before taking them off it was so hot.

Far more sensible to have leavers t shirts, cheaper too.
I’m a Year 6 teacher and we do our residential week in June. The leavers hoodie is built into the price of the residential and then everyone gets one...they are required to wear it at certain times on the residential so at least they get to wear it sometimes 😂

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
My daughter did not have one as she didn't want one. What annoyed me more than anything was even though she didn't have or want a hoodie, her name was left off the leavers names by the snooty cow that was running the PTA.
Thats awful. The purpose of them is so the children who are buying them can see their whole class names. Good job there wasn't only Peter Percy Jill and Jane who wanted a hoodie, would have looked daft

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
I’m a Year 6 teacher and we do our residential week in June. The leavers hoodie is built into the price of the residential and then everyone gets one...they are required to wear it at certain times on the residential so at least they get to wear it sometimes 😂
Thats a good idea

Just adding to say our children in yr6 also signed their own white polos etc on leaving day and lots also wore their hoodies as well.