Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Sep 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I must look really old as I've never been carded in the US! Almost feel disappointed
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
My personal experience with ID and alcohol in Disney over the last few years (my mid-20s to now early-30s)
- If I'm alone, I always get IDed at food booths in Epcot and anywhere that isn't a table service restaurant.
- I don't believe I've ever been IDed when I go solo to signature dining places.

I'll generally just carry around my two forms of ID (driving license + photo of my passport on my phone) though and be prepared to show them when they ask!
I agree with this. I’m in my 40s so clearly don’t look underage. The only places I’ve been asked for ID has been the margarita bar in EPCOT and at the Italy booth st F&W. I was also asked for ID in the bar at Portofino Bay. Never in a restaurant.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
IM confused to why you want to break the law?...and ask about it on a public forum?

Probably about 15 years ago, I was with my parents in Walmart...they’d gone to the other end to start packing whilst I finished unloading. I unloaded a six pack of beer, and they refused to sell it because I’d unloaded it, despite the fact both my parents were there. So yes, very strict!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Reading this I’m genuinely devastated to not have been ID’d on our last trip! Not in Publix, Walmart etc. didn’t drink at Disney as were offsite with a car but bought wine and beer for the villa multiple times.

I was only 29 ☹️

The one thing I did get from this thread was the 2 forms of ID. Is a photo of passport accepted as the 2nd form of ID widely in Orlando?
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
IM confused to why you want to break the law?...and ask about it on a public forum?
Maybe because there is flex in this country. You can’t buy a drink until you’re 18, but you can have a drink with a meal at 16 if accompanied by an adult who is also buying it. It is also legal in the UK for children 5-17 to have alcohol at home or other private premises.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
Reading this I’m genuinely devastated to not have been ID’d on our last trip! Not in Publix, Walmart etc. didn’t drink at Disney as were offsite with a car but bought wine and beer for the villa multiple times.

I was only 29 ☹️

The one thing I did get from this thread was the 2 forms of ID. Is a photo of passport accepted as the 2nd form of ID widely in Orlando?
I've just got a reply from my email to Discovery cove asking if a photo of our passports would be excepted as id, here it is.

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove.

We prefer to have the original documents. We can accept a Driving License if you prefer to bring that. And please know that we provide you with complementary lockers for you to use while in the resort.

Sincerely,
Louise/Guest Relations
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you 😊
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Fun fact.

The lovely and extremely famous Tom Hanks at 63 was refused a beer at a festival because he did not have identification.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

let her have a few back at the villa if she wants one gotta be a very small chance oe nding up at the hospital or some one grassing you up there also my lad use to scan our beer through the checkouts at walmart without anyone saying a thing so not that strict in there lol
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

After reading other people's experiences I just don't think it's worth the risk. Both my daughters knew although they could legally drink back in the UK it was a definite no no in the US. I'm not a big drinker and we all enjoyed sampling the non alcoholic cocktails instead.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List