Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep it’s true for the moment, but it’s a temporary measure, being regularly reviewed.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
It is true - everyone in our Dept has the opportunity to work the double time overtime whether full time or part time. Some full timers will take it up & some won’t, some part timers will take it up and some won’t. Everyone who does take it up will be working extra hours to what they are normally paid, so why be fuming?
I'm fuming because it's not fair.
Everywhere I've worked, a certain amount of hours had to be worked before overtime rates kicked in.
So do you think some staff are more valuable than others when they are doing the same job?
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Everywhere I've worked, a certain amount of hours had to be worked before overtime rates kicked in.
So do you think some staff are more valuable than others when they are doing the same job?
This isn’t normal circumstances though.

I would do the overtime and be grateful I’m getting more money, I don’t think it’s about value. It’s just about people doing more than their normal hours.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

The civil service is like that in “normal” times (ie staff could be sat next to each other doing the same job and not be paid the same).
Right now, all staff who wish to, and where there’s priority work for them to do, can volunteer for overtime over and above their normal contracted hours, and be paid double time. In that respect everyone is being treated the same.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I know in my work they are giving unlimited overtime hours, but needs must we are getting snowed under and it’s helping folk out. 🤷🏻
Old 22 Apr 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
No - if anyone should be fuming then it probably should be me as normally I work part time but I am currently working full time temporarily and this started before all the Coronavirus crap. So in theory I am actually losing out because I am being paid 37 hours basic instead of 28 hours basic and 9 hours double time. But that was my choice, and we are all working at 200% at the moment to try and get everyone paid. So I think we are all valuable and anyone working extra to their normal contracted hours should be paid accordingly.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Or you could be in my colleagues and my situation- working extra (including through our holidays) And taking a 10% pay cut!

And there are many far worse off than we are.
Twin mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

As far as I know it is not usual to pay overtime rates to part time staff until they reach the amount of hours a full time person would get overtime pay.

I wonder if it can be picked under discrimination law as a lot if part time staff are female.

What the employer could do is offer to match the full time workers salary to a part time that has overtime?
Old 22 Apr 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Or you could be in my colleagues and my situation- working extra (including through our holidays) And taking a 10% pay cut!

And there are many far worse off than we are.
This is my working colleagues as well - though the last email I saw was a 20% cut!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
As far as I know it is not usual to pay overtime rates to part time staff until they reach the amount of hours a full time person would get overtime pay.

I wonder if it can be picked under discrimination law as a lot if part time staff are female.

What the employer could do is offer to match the full time workers salary to a part time that has overtime?
It’s the same in my work for part timers, they let part timers work overtime too, after they have done their hours.