Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Oct 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
yorkshireman
Earning More Ears

TAP Portugal - Advice Please

We managed to book some cheap flights back in January to fly with TAP Portugal to Miami from Manchester via Lisbon. The booking is for 23/12 -30/12 and we planned a short road trip down to the Keys with the kids. This was booked on Discount non refundable fare and we booked the baggage in addition.

We have noticed that the flights still seem to be going ahead at the minute but as we are restricted to fly what are our options? Are we entitled to a refund/credit note if we are restricted to fly? or would we only get a refund/credit note if the flight is cancelled?

I have tried to contact TAP but they are rubbish at replying and they are not going to be forward in telling me what we are legally entitled to.

We are not really bothered for going anymore as restrictions will put a dampener on things but we obviously we don't want to loose money.

Any advice would be appreciated.
yorkshireman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My understand is, if they cancel you are 100% legally entitled to a refund.

If they don’t and the flight is going to leave, and you chose not to go because of restrictions they don’t have to refund at all.

Your insurance may kick in though if you cancel and the FCO travel advisory not to travel is still in place, but check your policy carefully on when you can do this.

TAP might be offering customers peace of mind though and may allow you to amend your booking, speak with them and see if they are doing anything, though, they don’t have to.
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkshireman
Earning More Ears

Thats the scenario I thought it would be, I just thought id check here with the experts 😉

Weirdly after my initial post, I got a response from TAP Air Portugal last night after a week, informing me my flights had been cancelled and offered me flights that were three days later meaning we would only have 4 days in Florida. I have told them that they do not fit with our plans and I asked for a refund. They have said not a problem and asked me to clarify my details over twitter. Hopefully this will be processed but Im not sure we will get anything back anytime soon.

Thanks for your help!
yorkshireman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
Thats the scenario I thought it would be, I just thought id check here with the experts 😉

Weirdly after my initial post, I got a response from TAP Air Portugal last night after a week, informing me my flights had been cancelled and offered me flights that were three days later meaning we would only have 4 days in Florida. I have told them that they do not fit with our plans and I asked for a refund. They have said not a problem and asked me to clarify my details over twitter. Hopefully this will be processed but Im not sure we will get anything back anytime soon.

Thanks for your help!
That’s excellent news! It’s good they have been so forthcoming in offer refunds instead of strong arming into a voucher!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List