Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithrr
Earning More Ears

Mobile Decisions decisions easter vs august! Help please x

Hello... currently at the planning stage... we are restricted by school holidays... our choices are easter holidays which I understand is busy but cooler or mid to late august which have heard is hot and humid but not so busy... ? Any opinions or experiences on which is best re heat/humidity,crowds and price? Sorry for long post! My first time and its mind boggling! Thank you in advance! X
Smithrr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

same boat we are tied to school holisday

as i understand easter is the 2nd busiest time (after xmas) but the weather will be cooler/better

we go last 2 weeks in August and yep its hot humid & stormy but not too busy (its never not busy...)

personally i dont think i would ever go easter/xmas as it just seems crazyily busy

imo of course
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi we went end of july till mid august last year it was hot but ok going back same time this year. Didn't pick easter as heard it's very busy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have done 3 Easters very nice temperature busy Easter week, next year we are going to give August a go so we can go for longer without taking them out of school and so we can stay in Disney and have the free dining plan as it is super expensive to pay out of pocket for meals in Disney and this isn't available at Easter 🐣 😁
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Is the October half term out of the equation ?
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I would choose August every time. Disney gets so busy at Easter , not to say August is quite, its not but its more manageable . US schools go back mid August so the last 2 weeks are less busy then the first two.

Yes its hot and humid, but there is no reason not to go at this time of year as long as you drink plenty of fluids. 3 liters should be a minimum in those temperatures and you will be fine. To many people just have a coffee in the morning and wonder why by mid day they are to tired to move!
Also all the shops are air conditioned , and there are a lot of those!
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

We did Easter for the first time this year, usually go the last 2 weeks in August, and it was crazy busy the first week and defiantly cooler than summer. the second week was better but still busier than I have ever seen it during august. The plus was we had no rain for the whole 2 weeks and it was still hot during the day/early evening but the thing I missed most was the wall of heat hitting me as soon as I stepped outside, might sound silly but I love this. Also the first few early mornings it was too chilly(11C one morning) for me to have my cuppa by the pool. not a massive thing I know but still something I missed. So now I've rambled on its safe to say I prefer August.
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have done both.. on several occasions!

We very much prefer Easter, tending to either fly a few days early or a few days late in order to dramatically lower the price.

I would contend that April is pretty much feeling as hot as high summer, but lacking humidity, which is great. You are also travelling from a lower temperature in the UK (particularly when you live in West Cornwall), so this makes it seem even warmer. There is also a much lower likelihood of rain.

The Gulf beaches in early April are also at a beautiful temperature.

It's no contest for us.. Easter.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:52 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been the last 5 Julys but went this Easter instead and much preferred it to the Summer Hols. Weather was a fantastic temperature, without the humidity. Kids had much more energy and were a lot more comfortable in the Parks. It was busy, but so are the Summer Hols and by going to the Parks for opening we found it great. Wouk do struggle to go in the Summer now!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Reading how busy it is now and having been this Easter I don't think Easter is the 2nd busiest time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List