Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Mar 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Year 11 leavers leavers jumpers- boys

Those with young lads who are leaving or left school . Did they choose to have a leavers hoodie?
I've just had another reminder email, but I think it will fester in the wardrobe if he were to get one.
I see girls wearing the hoodies- Not so much boys
My Dd loved hers.

Thanks
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

I did get one when my eldest DS left and as you have said it has just sat in the wardrobe, don’t think he has even wore it once!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

All of mine had them all still in the cupboard 😂 although they all had year photos taken with them one 99 % of kids had them
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I can't understand why they have leavers hoodies in yr 6 primary and yr 11 secondary.

When they leave its summer so its totally inappropriate for the time of year. We had yr6 leaver wearing theirs on the last day for a couple of hours max before taking them off it was so hot.

Far more sensible to have leavers t shirts, cheaper too.
Old 13 Mar 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

My Dds class had hoodies at the end of Yr 6. One left it at the leavers party and despite a couple of what’s apps round the parents group, no one claimed it!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our DS had one because every one was having one. He wore it over the summer holidays but stopped when he started secondary school.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
I can't understand why they have leavers hoodies in yr 6 primary and yr 11 secondary.

When they leave its summer so its totally inappropriate for the time of year. We had yr6 leaver wearing theirs on the last day for a couple of hours max before taking them off it was so hot.

Far more sensible to have leavers t shirts, cheaper too.
We only had hoodies for year 11 and none of the kids wore them for leaving school. My DD loves hers she wears it a lot to lounge in, its really thick and cosy.

For year 6 the kids wore white shirts or polos (normal uniform) and everyone wrote on them with markers - DD still has that polo hung up, she won’t wear it again but it’s a memento.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My DD wore hers a lot through autumn term at college. She found it comfortable and warm
She then had one for leaving college and two from university
All worn during the colder months.
But, yeah, I thought it would be a waste on DS
Thanks guys
Wont be bothering
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Mine (ds) got his and uses it to keep warm while doing outdoor work, it’s got the whole of his year names on the back plus his nickname, I think they are nice keepsakes
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No my boys wouldn’t wear one .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List