Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jul 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi everyone.

I forgot to add that we are flying from Gatwick and staying at Premier inn - Manor Royal the night before.

We are flying Thomas Cook.

I booked flights over a year ago and kept checking back and eventually found premium upgrade on the return leg for £30 total.
I ended up getting a small refunds for upgrading the return as they refund the cost of pre- booking seats.
At this point the outbound flights were about £250 each to upgrade😣

6 months ago i checked again and they had come down to £150 total to upgrade. So we are now flying premium both ways which Noah is super excited about!

Magical dining is starting in the 23/8 so we have also booked;

Todd English BlueZoo for our date night.
I am in 2 minds about this as i quite fancy eating and drinking round Epcot sans kids! We will leave it for now and see how we feel.

Ravello ( for when we stay at four seasons). We did this last year and it was such good value and the kids can still order off the kids menu( although im sure Noah will want to order the adult menu!)

Sharks underwater grill- 3pm. Im unsure about this as the only night we could fit it in the park shuts at 6pm so it wouldn’t give us much time to explore the park. Its also when we are at Four Season and im not sure we will want to leave that much!

During our Four Seasons stay we are aiming to eat off site for a least one meal a day to try and minimise food cost.

The kids are keen to return to Teaks or Keke. I would like to try First Watch.

We will also do a shopping trip (Noah request. ) so will combine a meal with this.

I am wondering about trying to do a Uber Eats order or Pizza but concerned ill look like a cheap skate!😣🤣

Thanks for listening to my planning ramblings😊💕
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Hi everyone.

I forgot to add that we are flying from Gatwick and staying at Premier inn - Manor Royal the night before.

We are flying Thomas Cook.

I booked flights over a year ago and kept checking back and eventually found premium upgrade on the return leg for £30 total.
I ended up getting a small refunds for upgrading the return as they refund the cost of pre- booking seats.
At this point the outbound flights were about £250 each to upgrade😣

6 months ago i checked again and they had come down to £150 total to upgrade. So we are now flying premium both ways which Noah is super excited about!

Magical dining is starting in the 23/8 so we have also booked;

Todd English BlueZoo for our date night.
I am in 2 minds about this as i quite fancy eating and drinking round Epcot sans kids! We will leave it for now and see how we feel.

Ravello ( for when we stay at four seasons). We did this last year and it was such good value and the kids can still order off the kids menu( although im sure Noah will want to order the adult menu!)

Sharks underwater grill- 3pm. Im unsure about this as the only night we could fit it in the park shuts at 6pm so it wouldn’t give us much time to explore the park. Its also when we are at Four Season and im not sure we will want to leave that much!

During our Four Seasons stay we are aiming to eat off site for a least one meal a day to try and minimise food cost.

The kids are keen to return to Teaks or Keke. I would like to try First Watch.

We will also do a shopping trip (Noah request. ) so will combine a meal with this.

I am wondering about trying to do a Uber Eats order or Pizza but concerned ill look like a cheap skate!😣🤣

Thanks for listening to my planning ramblings😊💕
Go for the Uber Eats - it is great fun! You could not be seen as a cheap skate having such a lovely holiday and if anyone did say that then that's their problem! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nothing cheapskate about ubereats .. after walking 15 miles a day with sore feet and tired sprogs I wouldn’t think twice!

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great prices for your upgrades.

You know the eating and drinking around the world without kids for your date night would get my vote. You can have a dinner out at home but where else can you do that? I always think Epcot is the most romantic of all the parks.

Plus if you want Ubereats you have that, I'm sure you've sussed by now you can never win - cheapskate for ordering take out and scatter cash for going to Florida in the first place. I'm sure it's not just me that gets those comments.

Edited at 10:17 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Your plans sound excellent! We like Shark’s Underwater Grill. 😊

Wish I could find upgrade prices like you haha! 😂
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Wow sounds like you have a great trip to look forward to, can't wait to read along!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Hi. We are also hoping to stay near HH. Say hello if you spot us!

What night are your boys going to captain hook? My two are going in Friday the 23/8. We are also celebrating our anniversary and hoping to either go to Todd English bluezoo ( on magical dining) or wander around Epcot eating and drinking.

Disney tend to be good at appealing across the ages so i hope my 11 year old enjoys it.

Hopefully see you around OKW😊
We have booked our boys in to Captain Hooks on the 21st. They went to the Pixar Play-zone last year and said they enjoyed it (although our eldest said that he hid when Mr Incredible came out and wanted people to dance!).

Hope we both get the area we want at OKW. Fingers crossed!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Go for the Uber Eats - it is great fun! You could not be seen as a cheap skate having such a lovely holiday and if anyone did say that then that's their problem! 👍
I keep looking at Uber eats. Think we will give it a go.😊 That way hubby can have a cocktail by the pool and not worry about driving 🍹

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Nothing cheapskate about ubereats .. after walking 15 miles a day with sore feet and tired sprogs I wouldn’t think twice!
Very true! 😊

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great prices for your upgrades.

You know the eating and drinking around the world without kids for your date night would get my vote. You can have a dinner out at home but where else can you do that? I always think Epcot is the most romantic of all the parks.

Plus if you want Ubereats you have that, I'm sure you've sussed by now you can never win - cheapskate for ordering take out and scatter cash for going to Florida in the first place. I'm sure it's not just me that gets those comments.
So true! Get moaned at all ways.

Epcot is my choice for date night. Think it will be lovely to have a few hours to potter around 🍹🎂

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Your plans sound excellent! We like Shark’s Underwater Grill. 😊

Wish I could find upgrade prices like you haha! 😂
With Thomas cook its so worth checking prices and also live chatting with them to check. The prices change so much. Good luck!

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Wow sounds like you have a great trip to look forward to, can't wait to read along!
Thanks for following along😊

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
We have booked our boys in to Captain Hooks on the 21st. They went to the Pixar Play-zone last year and said they enjoyed it (although our eldest said that he hid when Mr Incredible came out and wanted people to dance!).

Hope we both get the area we want at OKW. Fingers crossed!
I hope your boys have a fab time! We will have to compare notes.

Enjoy OKW😊😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a wonderful time. Following along.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Have a wonderful time. Following along.
Thank you 😊