Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Nov 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report, picked up many hints for our trip next year. Thanks for sharing
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report, picked up many hints for our trip next year. Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much for reading along! What are your plans for next summer? Will you be doing a trip report?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes most definitely, we always like to do a trippie - it's getting them finished that seems to be my problem - i am still currently trying to finish this years Florida trip from June!
But i like to do them so the kids can read them back over.
Our plans next year are to fly in and out of SF (because it was cheaper!) taking in Disneyland and the PCH but this time going North to Lake Tahoe which we haven't done before xxx Thanks again for sharing
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Yes most definitely, we always like to do a trippie - it's getting them finished that seems to be my problem - i am still currently trying to finish this years Florida trip from June!
But i like to do them so the kids can read them back over.
Our plans next year are to fly in and out of SF (because it was cheaper!) taking in Disneyland and the PCH but this time going North to Lake Tahoe which we haven't done before xxx Thanks again for sharing
I know the feeling, they are a true labour of love. Your plans sound brilliant, I can't wait to read all about them. Lake Tahoe is somewhere I have always wanted to visit so will have to be next time!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you so much for reading along Julia! Will you be doing a trippy for your holiday? I love reading your trip reports
Thank you

I will be doing a new trip report soon hopefully!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have loved reading this and looked forward to each instalment as I sped my way through each day! (Sorry for not posting on each day-I had already loaded the next )

I can’t wait to visit california one day and you have added so many things to me must do list now too!

That’s a crazy amount of money on food isn’t it, but daily
It actually doesn’t seem too bad. Hopefully the petrol balanced out the parking charges!

Yosemite sounds amazing and what a way to end the trip. Maybe not at curry village again. But you clearly made the most of it! Well done on all your walking even with the ailments you had picked up.

I love big little lies too - Monterey is now on my list after watching that. It looks to be a beautiful part of the world. San Fran too is on my bucket list. I think I could spend weeks and weeks trying to cram everything in. My two are too young for now but one day...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share it all with us xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Have loved reading this and looked forward to each instalment as I sped my way through each day! (Sorry for not posting on each day-I had already loaded the next )

I can’t wait to visit california one day and you have added so many things to me must do list now too!

That’s a crazy amount of money on food isn’t it, but daily
It actually doesn’t seem too bad. Hopefully the petrol balanced out the parking charges!

Yosemite sounds amazing and what a way to end the trip. Maybe not at curry village again. But you clearly made the most of it! Well done on all your walking even with the ailments you had picked up.

I love big little lies too - Monterey is now on my list after watching that. It looks to be a beautiful part of the world. San Fran too is on my bucket list. I think I could spend weeks and weeks trying to cram everything in. My two are too young for now but one day...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share it all with us xx
Hey, thanks so much Michelle!
Honestly don't worry, I do that all the time when reading trip reports.

I can hand on my heart say that anyone would love California, but yes I would wait until your little ones are a bit older to make the most out of it.

Its quite depressing when all the receipts are added up but Hope and Sam mainly eat off the adult menu now so its not too bad a figure for 4 adults over 3 weeks

I'm so pleased we ended the holiday with Yosemite, certainly saved the best for last, well not the camping part though. Won't make that same mistake again

Big Little Lies is so good isn't it? Monterey was exactly how I imagined it to be. I could certainly go back there over and over again.
I think we could have been away for 6 weeks and still not fit in everything California has to offer. I really hope you get there one day!
Thank you so much for reading

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Good travel home day, although it's a shame the IFE wasn't working. Well done on fitting in an extra shopping trip.

Thank you so much for posting this report Alicia, I've enjoyed reading it so much and given me loads of ideas for future trips. You can't put a price on the memories you've made, you did some amazing things.

And because of this report, I watched Big Little Lies. I watched the first season before I went on holiday, and then couldn't find the 2nd season on TV. I was browsing the IFE for our long flight from London to Miami, and there it was, the full 2nd season. So I watched it all on the flight.

Looking forward to seeing where you end up next...

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Good travel home day, although it's a shame the IFE wasn't working. Well done on fitting in an extra shopping trip.

Thank you so much for posting this report Alicia, I've enjoyed reading it so much and given me loads of ideas for future trips. You can't put a price on the memories you've made, you did some amazing things.

And because of this report, I watched Big Little Lies. I watched the first season before I went on holiday, and then couldn't find the 2nd season on TV. I was browsing the IFE for our long flight from London to Miami, and there it was, the full 2nd season. So I watched it all on the flight.

Looking forward to seeing where you end up next...
Any excuse for another shopping trip
Thank you so much for reading and commenting Linda, I'm so pleased I've given you a few ideas. Can't wait to read all about your Route 66 trip, it will be here before you know it!
Oh brilliant, isn't it good? I can't wait for the 3rd season now!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Always love your Florida trip reports but loved this one even more. Brought back so many memories of the two California trips we did before kids, I can’t wait to go back in a couple of years when our youngest will be a bit older but our oldest will still want to come( the joys of 3 kids with a big age gap!)
Your trip next year or this year I suppose now, sounds fab, I was pricing up a similar trip but kids outvoted me and it’s Florida again as we didn’t do Disney last year. It’s not too much of a hardship though! ☺️
I’m now going to have to find big little lies now to see all the gorgeous houses! Enjoy all your planning.