Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Apr 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Uber to Celebration

Hi,

We thought we might take a trip to Celebration on our next visit (fingers crossed for September).

Can anyone suggest the best location to book an Uber for? I think it'll be Downtown. Perhaps if someone could suggest a shop or landmark? This would help me to book an Uber rather than just choosing a random spot.

Also, roughly when do residents start putting up the Hallowe'en decs? And how far from Downtown Celebration are the residential areas.

TIA
Old 13 Apr 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

You could ask to be dropped at the Starbucks in Celebration, that will drop you right in the centre. On your drive in you’ll see some of the houses, from the centre you can walk to quite a few of the residential streets.
This link celebration.fl.us/celebration-maps/ will hopefully help you plan your visit.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Make sure that you go just before Halloween as the last couple of times we've been on 1st November they've started to take them down.

Here's one of the houses at Halloween

and one at Christmas

Mick

Edited at 07:57 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
You could ask to be dropped at the Starbucks in Celebration, that will drop you right in the centre. On your drive in you’ll see some of the houses, from the centre you can walk to quite a few of the residential streets.
This link celebration.fl.us/celebration-maps/ will hopefully help you plan your visit.
If you do make sure it is the Bloom St one. There is a bigger one just off 192 that is called Celebration as well.

The main Downtown area is called Market St and not very big at all. The residential area surrounds it and winds around in all directions for miles. Decorations are probably mostly up by mid October. I can't really remember TBH.
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went October 18 and there were not many decorated houses at all. We have been to Celebration a few times and it really is, at best, an hour of your time. Depending on why you're going, I'm not sure its worth an Uber charge. Some may disagree but over the years shops have shut and there is less there each time we go.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
If you do make sure it is the Bloom St one. There is a bigger one just off 192 that is called Celebration as well.

The main Downtown area is called Market St and not very big at all. The residential area surrounds it and winds around in all directions for miles. Decorations are probably mostly up by mid October. I can't really remember TBH.
Donna

I guess we've done the Christmas drive around the houses maybe 15 times over the years and we always get lost. It's one of the few times we have to use "Here" on Joan's phone and put Highgate Park in as the destination to get us out of the town.

Nice to see that the Emporium in Market Street has reopened with new people.

Sadly we'll miss our usual Kilwins sitting in the rocking chairs next week. Hope to be in the Emporium in November to buy another tree decoration though.

Hope all is well with you.

Mick
Old 13 Apr 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Donna

I guess we've done the Christmas drive around the houses maybe 15 times over the years and we always get lost. It's one of the few times we have to use "Here" on Joan's phone and put Highgate Park in as the destination to get us out of the town.

Nice to see that the Emporium in Market Street has reopened with new people.

Sadly we'll miss our usual Kilwins sitting in the rocking chairs next week. Hope to be in the Emporium in November to buy another tree decoration though.

Hope all is well with you.

Mick
I still need Google Maps in the residential area! It is set up as seperate neighborhoods and definitely not in any kind of grid system. I have a very good sense of direction but get completely turned around there.

I haven't been to Market St for awhile but hope someone takes over the bakery site.
Old 14 Apr 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Hi,

We thought we might take a trip to Celebration on our next visit (fingers crossed for September).

Can anyone suggest the best location to book an Uber for? I think it'll be Downtown. Perhaps if someone could suggest a shop or landmark? This would help me to book an Uber rather than just choosing a random spot.

Also, roughly when do residents start putting up the Hallowe'en decs? And how far from Downtown Celebration are the residential areas.

TIA
Hi there,

We took an UBER to Celebration in October last year. We just requested drop off at the Town Tavern this was a good central drop off point for us.
If you need to pick up wifi to order your return car we went to the Macaron bakery and picked up their wifi in-store. 😃
Old 14 Apr 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone, that is all really helpful. This will be a visit on a rest day just can't see us wanting to sit by the pool all day as we will only be there for 10 days so Celebration looks like a good option.
Old 14 Apr 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We are thinking of having a trip there at Christmas as we have never been before is there anything we should do differently
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List