Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

When was your last trip

Just thinking that most of us haven’t had a Disney trip this year

When was your last trip and when was your next one planned for?

Ours was last October and we had planned to take a year off this year and go when guardians of the galaxy is open
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We went to Orlando in May 2019, it was our second trip. We spent 6 nights on idrive and 8 nights at Disney’s POFQ, this was our favourite trip out of the two.

This year we have booked to go to California, we booked club seats using points, we had a planned to visit LA, Disneyland Anaheim & San Francisco and it was a trip we have wanted to do for so long, but it’s highly unlikely we will go now, luckily we only lose £70 if we cancel as we booked refundable hotels.

We were also intending to book for Orlando for May 2021, but obviously with everything that happened we haven’t booked that trip and I highly doubt that we will.

I can see us just holidaying in the UK over the next year or so and potentially in Europe, if they don’t have too many restrictions, it’s the restrictions that put me off, not the virus, because it won’t be the trip I paid for if I have to quarantine and wear a mask ect.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Last trip: A last-minute visit during the February half-term. It seems incredible now, because Coronavirus just wasn't on our radar at all at the time, but a few days after we got back, things started escalating so quickly.

We booked flights 4 or 5 days in advance to be over there for the Saturday - Saturday, as we don't take the kids out of school.

We rented a villa, at the very last-minute too, from here I think.

We didn't do any big parks, but picked up Disney waterparks annual passes and had a couple of days at Typhoon Lagoon. We also did Winter Summerland mini golf, visited Disney Springs a couple of times, went to the Poly for a Dole Whip, rode the Skyliner to mooch at the Boardwalk and had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

It was the second year in a row we've done a "no parks" trip at the Feb half-term and both of them were really good fun.

Next trip: We were still debating whether to have three weeks in Florida or California this Summer, and hadn't got round to booking anything. In hindsight I'm actually pleased we procrastinated for so long.

We do have flights booked for the October half-term, arranged before the pandemic arrived, but I'm not expecting to be able to use them, or want to use them, and expect that we may well just have to lose the money.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

I go every 3 years. Last time was Sept 2017 at POR. I was due to go this Sept at the Gran Destino Tower (trip cancelled). Now I'm thinking May 2022. I don't want to go next year as restrictions will still be in place.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Last trip: A last-minute visit during the February half-term. It seems incredible now, because Coronavirus just wasn't on our radar at all at the time, but a few days after we got back, things started escalating so quickly.

We booked flights 4 or 5 days in advance to be over there for the Saturday - Saturday, as we don't take the kids out of school.

We rented a villa, at the very last-minute too, from here I think.

We didn't do any big parks, but picked up Disney waterparks annual passes and had a couple of days at Typhoon Lagoon. We also did Winter Summerland mini golf, visited Disney Springs a couple of times, went to the Poly for a Dole Whip, rode the Skyliner to mooch at the Boardwalk and had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

It was the second year in a row we've done a "no parks" trip at the Feb half-term and both of them were really good fun.

Next trip: We were still debating whether to have three weeks in Florida or California this Summer, and hadn't got round to booking anything. In hindsight I'm actually pleased we procrastinated for so long.

We do have flights booked for the October half-term, arranged before the pandemic arrived, but I'm not expecting to be able to use them, or want to use them, and expect that we may well just have to lose the money.

I bet you’re so glad you did that last minute trip!?
We went twice last year, which seemed crazy at the time but so glad we did now
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I bet you’re so glad you did that last minute trip!?
Oh very much so, yes! Within weeks the world had changed beyond all recognition, and it just felt crazy that not long before we'd popped over to the US on a whim for a holiday.

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We went twice last year, which seemed crazy at the time but so glad we did now
Us too. Our main Summer trip was Beach Club. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Dream cruise and an AirBnB. I did feel a bit melancholy last night watching some WDW vlogs, reflecting on when a holiday like that, without all the Covid19 restrictions, will be possible again.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Last trip was 2016. Supposed to be going this summer. Have had to rearrange some bookings for next year so fingers crossed we get to go.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Oh very much so, yes! Within weeks the world had changed beyond all recognition, and it just felt crazy that not long before we'd popped over to the US on a whim for a holiday.

Us too. Our main Summer trip was Beach Club. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Dream cruise and an AirBnB. I did feel a bit melancholy last night watching some WDW vlogs, reflecting on when a holiday like that, without all the Covid19 restrictions, will be possible again.

Dream itinerary! Would love to do that trip
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We last went in November as part of a 3 week road trip

Should have gone to Miami and Atlanta mid March but didn’t , and then North Carolina in May .

We are pretty flexible as soon as we can fly we will though not Florida , there’s other places in the USA we want to visit .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

My last trip was September 2019.

We had two trips booked this year, April and December, we are not planning to go on the December one.

I don’t think we will go next year so I think it will be December 2022.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List