Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Man airport - Rad blu vs Clayton

Looking to book a room for next August.
Have stayed in the Clayton in the past but read on here that the Radisson Blu is so much handier.
We’re a family of 4 but the family rooms at over £300 are just too much for one night, but I could get two doubles in the Radisson for just over £200 or get a family room in the Clayton for £90 including breakfast. Is the Radisson that much better and also is it worth going for the runway views? TIA

Edited at 09:33 AM.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We really like the Raddison Blu, the rooms are lovely and the beds are SO comfy. Breakfast isn't included though, so we tend to hunt around in the airport for breakfast once we walk over the covered walkway into the airport, which takes about 5 minutes maximum from the hotel. For us, it is really convenient and a lovely hotel, so I would definitely recommend it.

Edited at 10:46 AM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
We really like the Raddison Blu, the rooms and lovely and the beds are SO comfy. Breakfast isn't included though, so we tend to hunt around in the airport for breakfast once we walk over the covered walkway into the airport, which takes about 5 minutes maximum from the hotel. For us, it is really convenient and a lovely hotel, so I would definitely recommend it.
I’m not so worried about the breakfast either as we’ll (hopefully) have a couple of hours to kill once we check in so will be wanting to sit and eat then. My heart says try the Raddison (my youngest is obsessed with transport so would love the view) but my sensible head says save the money.
Old 28 Sep 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t forget the runway views are extra ...we always use the runger lane premier inns ..booked for July for £32
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I've stayed in both , albeit a couple of years ago.
They clayton does what it says on the tin. It's near the airport, you can walk . Rooms were clean , food was ok .

Radisson , yes it's a covered walkway , the food was very nice if a bit pricey , the pool wasnt particularly clean around the rim of the tiles and the water was cold.

If it was me I would save the money and spend it on holiday
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Have used both. Last stay at the Clayton, we had to fight our way onto the shuttle bus, despite having booked a slot the previous night. Yes, the Radisson is more expensive, but the better service, the proximity to the terminals (mostly undercover), the lack of train noise, and the much more comfortable beds make it the better option for me. At £12 for an all-you-can-eat hot/cold buffet with table service for tea/coffee, I don’t think you will find a comparable breakfast in the terminals. The food was good quality and plentiful and the service was great there last year. Can’t comment on this year as we haven’t been.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've stayed in the Radisson a lot over the years, I don't think it's as good as it once was though, we used to always book the business class room with access to the lounge and breakfast included, the location is great and the beds are super comfy,but it is often silly money. I'm just as happy in the Premier Inn Runger Lane North and to be honest I prefer the PI breakfast. I will stay in the Radisson again in April if the price is right.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Premier Inn for us. I always check Raddison Blu first but can't justify the additional cost when the Premier Inn always does the job. We do like the PI meal deal and it's almost become a pre-holiday tradition now!

I did book the Clayton a few years ago and it was getting some poor Tripadvisor reviews at the time so I switched to the Premier Inn.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Premier Inn for us. I always check Raddison Blu first but can't justify the additional cost when the Premier Inn always does the job. We do like the PI meal deal and it's almost become a pre-holiday tradition now!

I did book the Clayton a few years ago and it was getting some poor Tripadvisor reviews at the time so I switched to the Premier Inn.
I think it's hard to beat the PI meal deal and their beds are super comfy too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post

How far from the terminal is it?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List