Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

I’m half tempted in sacking our yacht club booking off as it only stands me at £200 and I need to add an extra night on to making up to three nights - looking at the swan and dolphin or might do I drive for a few nights instead.
Old 13 Oct 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have done a dummy booking for our dates and there is no mention of a $200 gift card?
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I can see people’s points in saying it’s still expensive etc etc no perks ...but for mugs like me (and there’s a few of us) who had booked just to be in the Disney bubble with no real perks the new savings are massive compared to what many of us had paid ...I’ve managed to go from a value AOA to a moderate Coronado springs which is £300 less plus received a $300 gift card aswell which to me is a great deal
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have done a dummy booking for our dates and there is no mention of a $200 gift card?
It's a bit difficult to provide help when you've not indicated:

a) What your dates are.
b) What resort(s) you were looking at.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post

I dont really find these deals very good. Ok, you get extra free days and a gift card, but that will easliy be taken up with food etc and just by being onsite, Disney will claw it all back. The only deal that will be any use to me really is free dining , without that Ill probably cancel my Disney rooms and swap to my Dolphin reservations. Still it is a move in the right direction.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

This is coming out way more £££££ than my current package with TUI, doesn't look like much of a deal to me. Mainly the more expensive room categories too it seems.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
I dont really find these deals very good. Ok, you get extra free days and a gift card, but that will easliy be taken up with food etc and just by being onsite, Disney will claw it all back. The only deal that will be any use to me really is free dining , without that Ill probably cancel my Disney rooms and swap to my Dolphin reservations. Still it is a move in the right direction.
Of course, nothing is really free.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Is this their standard offer for this time of year? It’s scheduled to run through winter and ends at the end of March when they would normally start free dining shortly after. I’m not saying that they will start free dining so soon, seeing as there are the issues of promising people food in restaurants that they can’t guarantee capacity in at the moment, I’m just saying this seems like their standard offer.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
Is this their standard offer for this time of year? It’s scheduled to run through winter and ends at the end of March when they would normally start free dining shortly after. I’m not saying that they will start free dining so soon, seeing as there are the issues of promising people food in restaurants that they can’t guarantee capacity in at the moment, I’m just saying this seems like their standard offer.
If there is 25% capacity can't they just sell holidays at a 25% capacity rate and have whatever offer they want? More restaurants are opening and in the t&c don't they always say offers can be pulled or amended anytime without warning? I'm probably not explaining myself very well!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I can see people’s points in saying it’s still expensive etc etc no perks ...but for mugs like me (and there’s a few of us) who had booked just to be in the Disney bubble with no real perks the new savings are massive compared to what many of us had paid ...I’ve managed to go from a value AOA to a moderate Coronado springs which is £300 less plus received a $300 gift card aswell which to me is a great deal
Same here - we had a booking at the Beach Club and as a result of the new offer we changed to the Yacht Club and it has reduced the cost by a lot of money. Whether or not we actually get to go is another matter
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List