Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Booked for December 5th - Help!

No idea what to do, do we go or move it? Whats it like in Universal at the moment? Help!
2A 2C
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Would you be allowed to go? I didn't think travel restrictions to the US had been lifted except for those with citizenship? I'm assuming your flight will be cancelled? I would wait to be cancelled on for more choices.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
auralerb
Staying in the Castle

We’re booked for Christmas Eve for two weeks and it looks very likely to be cancelled because of the restrictions at the borders, so if I were you I’d hang on a bit longer and see.
auralerb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Darthmickey View Post
No idea what to do, do we go or move it? Whats it like in Universal at the moment? Help!
2A 2C
If restrictions are lifted I'd be joining you!

I don't think they will be lifted so I'd wait for the cancellation to come through (who are you booked with?)

Early Dec is a fab time to go to Florida normally.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Just been on the phone and cancelled (no charge).

However - We paid an amendment fee back in August to change the holiday to December and they can’t/won’t refund that fee. Seems wrong to me 🤷🏼
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Yeah the amendment fee was the only fee I didn't get refunded, I assume the fee is for the administrative cost of changing the holiday and they have done that administrative process so you've essentially received the service? That's how I took it. But we'd paid the full balance so I was quite happy to take a £50 hit as long as the other £5000 was in my account ha!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are due to fly on 5th December too with BA from Gatwick. Booked the flight separately and hotel and tickets were with ATD.
ATD have offered to fully refund their part but i don't think i can cancel without losing all the monies for the flight.

Playing the waiting game for cancellation now...
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

us too

We were booked for 6th December and was offered a change in date by Ocean Florida, it was the 5th time we have lost the holiday in 2 years (multiple reasons, TC, Hotel error, Covid x2). So we have decided to go all out on a holiday next year now - we have booked 4 nights in NY for my sons 18th birthday, we then fly to Orlando for 2 weeks (10 days villa and 4 days Hard Rock), we then fly to LV for 4 nights. Lots of packing and unpacking but I cant wait otherwise!
I think you have done the right think by cancelling, I don't think it would have gone ahead anyway, at least you have not got several weeks of anticipation now. Hope you get a new one sorted soon
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We are booked for 5th December too,just waiting for cancellation from Ba and keeping fingers crossed for Easter!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Darthmickey View Post
Just been on the phone and cancelled (no charge).

However - We paid an amendment fee back in August to change the holiday to December and they can’t/won’t refund that fee. Seems wrong to me 🤷🏼
That is correct as GoldenAvalanche said in their post as you requested a change of the holiday for which you had to pay a fee, the holiday was amended and the work was done then no refund is due.

Hope your refund has come through.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List