Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 13, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

Taking our 4month old baby

Hi we are going to Florida in sept, there will be 9adult and our little 4month old baby girl. Have you guys and tips/words of wisdom for taking a baby to Florida and how to get the most of everything with her? We are so excited for our first family holiday with her!
Thanx
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

DS wss 4mths when we went in 2009 and DD2 was 2mths on our last trip. To be honest it was pretty easy. I BF all mine and was comfy feeding wherever we were. The babycentres are great. Make sure you keep her cool, a good sunshade, maybe pram fans and I swear by lambskin stroller liners. If it got really hot I soaked a muslin, wrang it out and draped it over the pram (causes a refrigeration effect). They still sleep a lot at that age so we just got on with whatever we had planned and I stopped to deal with feeding/nappies etc as required.

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 13, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

Hi sorry for bumping this but as you can see the date is getting closer! And I'm getting more anxious!
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 13, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

Don't be anxious... i took both my boys as babies at 6 months. they were fabulous, so easy. I took my own pram, car seat, formula milk and calpol, otherwise there is everything you could ever need out there. all the baby care centers are amazing and they love babies in all the parks and restaurants! The boys loved it, they enjoyed the sights and sounds and just slept in their prams when they needed to.. the pace is slower and more leisurely but i loved it and our memories are priceless... relax and enjoy, it will be amazing!
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 13, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

We went at Christmas and DD2 was 5 months- it was fab! No issues at all! I took my own formula and nappies. Don't forget to take calpol with you, I'd also recommend baby's own blanket too, mainly for comfort! Oh and if taking cartons of formula, get them air side- we were wrongly advised that we'd be ok to take them through security but ended up having to open and taste half of them! I think you can pre order them from the Boots at the airport? Also, remember to pack some for your return journey we took our own pram and parasol and I'd recommend getting some of those cooler spritzer sprays- they were a godsend for her when out and about at parks. The baby stations at the Disney parks are great too.
Remember as well you can do baby-swap at the rides! have fun xxxx
Old 30 Jul 13, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post

We're just back from NYC with our 3 month old (now 4 months! ) It was boiling over there so kept him cool, if you're not breast feeding take out some cool boiled water with you to keep baby hydrated between feeds. I took formula powder with me and declared it on the white form that you have to complete. No problems and I did cold water sterilising with Milton tablets which was also fine. If you are staying in a hotel email them to check that they have kettles - not many US hotels do its usually a coffee maker which won't do for bottle making - I took a travel kettle from Argos.
This website flyingwithababy/ was good for tips about on the plane!
Have you booked Skycots with Special Assistance? These were a godsend on the flight!
If you're pre buying formula for the flight take empty bottles with you to decant it into when you need to taste it at security - on the way back they didn't even bother!
Have Fun!
Old 30 Jul 13, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Be flexible and stay out of the midday sun gets to hot especially this time of year . Nursery water is great to use x
Old 30 Jul 13, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread