Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 18 Feb 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Mosquito problem in May?

Going to be staying in rotonda west in May- should we be prepared with repellent? Staying in a villa next to the canal.
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn’t go anywhere in Florida at anytime of the year without being prepared with repellent.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Never used repellant, apart from once, in dozens of trips at different times of the year. Only occasion was when I was going to Silver Moon drive-in and wanted to sit outside of the car.
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Always take it - better to be safe than sorry.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

always take to a sub tropical area regardless of the time of year

next to standing water/canal even more so

imo
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

We have been going to Florida for 32 years and have all been bitten every year! The last 9 years we have stayed in Rotonda and sometimes the bugs have been awful and others not too bad. Last year we flew in September just after the hurricane and this seemed to change the weather and the bug situation for the better! I normally buy Deep Woods Off! when we get there from Publix or Target and this helps a lot. Staying by the canal doesn't seem to add to the bug problem or make it better

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by DebsMK View Post
We have been going to Florida for 32 years and have all been bitten every year! The last 9 years we have stayed in Rotonda and sometimes the bugs have been awful and others not too bad. Last year we flew in September just after the hurricane and this seemed to change the weather and the bug situation for the better! I normally buy Deep Woods Off! when we get there from Publix or Target and this helps a lot. Staying by the canal doesn't seem to add to the bug problem or make it better
Thanks we never have an issue with bugs & bites normally just an odd one or two which we seem to get wen out walking in parks & don’t use any sprays. We usually stay near a lake or canal too but had read that mosquitos were a particular problem in rotonda at the moment . Think I’ll be having a look in publix this year
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We have been going to Rotonda in September for about 5 years. The only time that we get bitten is while we are on the beach watching the sunset.
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd definitely take repellent. We were in Cape Coral/Keys last May and I got bitten a lot. Saying that, I am someone who the mozzies like the taste of, the rest of my family didn't get bitten at all!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List