Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11 May 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
cuttycrew
Earning More Ears
 
Join Date: May 14
Cirque du Soleil refunds

I requested a refund from CdS for May 6th performance , I was surprised to receive an email back saying it was Disney I should be getting refund back from as CdS were just the performers not the suppliers even though on my bill it said Cirque du Soleil at no point any reference to Disney. Im hoping this isnt a trip round the houses/ chuckle brothers route towards a refund , time will tell and i will update how quickly it is sorted.
__________________
1994 Rodeway Inn '98 Nikki Bird Inn 01 Enclave IDrive
03 Wyndham Resort IDrive 08 Int Plaza Seaworld
16 Hyatt Grand Cypress LBV 18 PO Riverside
2019 Sapphire Falls
2020 FrenchQuarter/Nov Disney All Star Res
cuttycrew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
sbchannel
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

I received an email from Cirque Du Soleil (not Disney) a couple weeks before my performance date persuading me to rebook but the email stated that if I donít rebook, a refund would be issued within 30 days after my performance date.

I didnít think you could book through Disney! When I booked I did it through the Cirque website
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
danisleigh
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 12

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I had my refund ages ago for my April 9th tickets. I emailed the address on my confirmation email and had a reply asking me to email some Vegas address which I did and then they refunded my money. Took a couple of weeks all together.
__________________
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by cuttycrew View Post
I requested a refund from CdS for May 6th performance , I was surprised to receive an email back saying it was Disney I should be getting refund back from as CdS were just the performers not the suppliers even though on my bill it said Cirque du Soleil at no point any reference to Disney. Im hoping this isnt a trip round the houses/ chuckle brothers route towards a refund , time will tell and i will update how quickly it is sorted.
Cirque du Soliel have been deplorable, I will never book one of their shows again and I have been to numerous in the past.

My performance was scheduled for the 21st April, I contacted them back in March for the first time and got an automated response. I contacted them again once my performance had passed, I have had the following responses.

1) refund will be automatically processed 30 days after performance
2) we are looking for an alternative venue in your city (not sure how thy would even know my city)
3) Disney ticketed the event and you need to contact them.

I did contact Disney, even though I knew very well that I paid Cirque not Disney. Disney confirmed it is nothing to do with them and I believe them.

I am going to wait until 30 days after my performance and then start chargeback / Section 75 claim. Unfortunately they are one of the awkward ones and this could be an extended battle.

Hats off to the person that managed to get a refund, they are being unbelievably slippery with me.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
sbchannel
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Cirque du Soliel have been deplorable, I will never book one of their shows again and I have been to numerous in the past.

My performance was scheduled for the 21st April, I contacted them back in March for the first time and got an automated response. I contacted them again once my performance had passed, I have had the following responses.

1) refund will be automatically processed 30 days after performance
2) we are looking for an alternative venue in your city (not sure how thy would even know my city)
3) Disney ticketed the event and you need to contact them.

I did contact Disney, even though I knew very well that I paid Cirque not Disney. Disney confirmed it is nothing to do with them and I believe them.

I am going to wait until 30 days after my performance and then start chargeback / Section 75 claim. Unfortunately they are one of the awkward ones and this could be an extended battle.

Hats off to the person that managed to get a refund, they are being unbelievably slippery with me.
Oh no! Iím not hopeful now!

I didnít move the email they went confirming the refund out of my junk mail and itís deleted, and mot moved into my trash so I donít even have the original email to support my S75!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Mazbar
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 13

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Cirque du Soliel have been deplorable, I will never book one of their shows again and I have been to numerous in the past.

My performance was scheduled for the 21st April, I contacted them back in March for the first time and got an automated response. I contacted them again once my performance had passed, I have had the following responses.

1) refund will be automatically processed 30 days after performance
2) we are looking for an alternative venue in your city (not sure how thy would even know my city)
3) Disney ticketed the event and you need to contact them.

I did contact Disney, even though I knew very well that I paid Cirque not Disney. Disney confirmed it is nothing to do with them and I believe them.

I am going to wait until 30 days after my performance and then start chargeback / Section 75 claim. Unfortunately they are one of the awkward ones and this could be an extended battle.

Hats off to the person that managed to get a refund, they are being unbelievably slippery with me.
You have only another 9 days to wait to see if they do pay you back within their timescale. I would wait the extra 9 days to see if they are as good as their work then start the claim
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
alexisemma31
Imagineer
 
alexisemma31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

alexisemma31's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I paid over £300 for 2 tickets for my son and his girlfriend for August - but it's looking very unlikely we will be going.

I just hope that the show is cancelled on the 5th August - because if it goes ahead, and we can't go because we can't get to Florida where do we stand?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alexisemma31 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
I paid over £300 for 2 tickets for my son and his girlfriend for August - but it's looking very unlikely we will be going.

I just hope that the show is cancelled on the 5th August - because if it goes ahead, and we can't go because we can't get to Florida where do we stand?
I think in that case you would need to try travel insurance, I donít think Cirque would be on the hook if the show goes ahead. However I doubt it will go ahead.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber
 
Sara_toga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 03
I am still hopeful of getting a refund, 30 days after the show date (6th May) so hopefully next month.
__________________
Sara_toga is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Bristol43
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon
 
Bristol43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 16
We had tickets for a preview show on the 25th March. I called them on the 18th March when I knew we would not be going and the show had been cancelled and was advised that a refund would be made within 30 days of the date of the show. I then had an email on the 27th confirming this. They refunded me 16th April.
Hopefully you will get your money refunded.
Bristol43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2730
CaxtonFX  $1.2732
Covent Garden FX  $1.2864
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2776
M&S  $1.2548
Post Office  $1.2528
Sainsburys  $1.2703
TESCO  $1.2726
Travelex  $1.2673
Updated: 10:30 26/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0759
CaxtonFX  €1.0776
Covent Garden FX  €1.0927
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0792
M&S  €1.0606
Post Office  €1.0583
Sainsburys  €1.0737
TESCO  €1.0759
Travelex  €1.0709
Updated: 10:30 26/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now