Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Lau-nicole
VIP Dibber
 
Lau-nicole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 17
Any vegan dibbers?

Me and my partner have been plant based since January and both of us have been vegetarian for several years.

Iím usually quite good at putting meals together but Iíve been getting a bit lazy. Would love some dinner inspiration and any recommendations! 😊
__________________
Walt Disney World - 96, 98, 04, 07, 16, 17
Iceland - 14
NYC - 18
Oman - 18
California, Nevada, Arizona - 20



Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Nicksgirl
Imagineer
 
Nicksgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06
No recipes from me, but I think you are wonderful. I hope to be like you one day. x
__________________
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber
 
Merligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 09

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Vegan since January and other than cheese, missing nothing.

I cook from scratch mostly, fortunately I love cooking and have more time available as no commute so trying loads of new recipes.

What sort of things do you like and I will see what recipes I have done that would suit.

Am turning friends vegan by stealth, sharing delicious plant based food with them 😂🤣
__________________
Kate
Disney All Star Movies Feb 03 & Feb 05
Disney POFQ/Virgin Villa Feb 08 Dibb Villa - Oct 2010
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Lau-nicole
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Lau-nicole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
Vegan since January and other than cheese, missing nothing.

I cook from scratch mostly, fortunately I love cooking and have more time available as no commute so trying loads of new recipes.

What sort of things do you like and I will see what recipes I have done that would suit.

Am turning friends vegan by stealth, sharing delicious plant based food with them 😂🤣
I like pretty much everything but favourites I've made so far are orange tofu (like a copycat Panda Express orange chicken but veganised) and veggie enchiladas with homemade sauce.

I miss milk chocolate but thatís about it 😫

If you havenít tried the vegan applewood cheese yet I definitely recommend itís my favourite.
__________________
Walt Disney World - 96, 98, 04, 07, 16, 17
Iceland - 14
NYC - 18
Oman - 18
California, Nevada, Arizona - 20



Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber
 
Merligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 09

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Currently making lasagne. Chopped up loads of veg and been cooking Down in tinned tomatoes with herbs and garlic for about 4 hours. Will layer tomorrow with lasagne sheets and make a white sauce from a blend of silken tofu, unsweetened plant milk and nutritional yeast. I make a huge one then freeze portions.

I use a fair bit of soya mince and make Bolognese, chilli, shepherds pie etc with it instead of beef mince.

Pinch of Nom have a recipe for hash brown breakfast bake which is fab and I do it for tea. Substitute the bacon for vivera bacon bits and youíre good to go.

Got Jack Munroeís book Vegan (ish) which I love and have done a fair few recipes out of that.

Also look at Wicked Kitchen. Their pulled pork recipe made with king oyster mushrooms is fab and really simple, also made their seitan brisket with the barbecue dip, divine. All online.

I make a bosh chilli Recipe which has jackfruit, walnuts and dark chocolate in. If you want the recipe, send me a PM with your email and I will send you a copy.

Recommend the Asda free from chocolate which comes in milk chocolate with coffee and also raspberry/salted honeycomb, plus a plain chocolate mint, all divine and at £2 a bar, better than Galaxy.

If you are on Instagram, check out the domestic Gothess, fab recipes.

I did a vegan cookery course in January and we made tapas. My favourites from that were baked cauliflower wings, Spanish omelette and empanadas, can email copies if you want those, omelette and empanadas brilliant for lunches.

I could go on for ages, can you tell, I love to cook and to eat!

😁
__________________
Kate
Disney All Star Movies Feb 03 & Feb 05
Disney POFQ/Virgin Villa Feb 08 Dibb Villa - Oct 2010
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Lau-nicole
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Lau-nicole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
Currently making lasagne. Chopped up loads of veg and been cooking Down in tinned tomatoes with herbs and garlic for about 4 hours. Will layer tomorrow with lasagne sheets and make a white sauce from a blend of silken tofu, unsweetened plant milk and nutritional yeast. I make a huge one then freeze portions.

I use a fair bit of soya mince and make Bolognese, chilli, shepherds pie etc with it instead of beef mince.

Pinch of Nom have a recipe for hash brown breakfast bake which is fab and I do it for tea. Substitute the bacon for vivera bacon bits and youíre good to go.

Got Jack Munroeís book Vegan (ish) which I love and have done a fair few recipes out of that.

Also look at Wicked Kitchen. Their pulled pork recipe made with king oyster mushrooms is fab and really simple, also made their seitan brisket with the barbecue dip, divine. All online.

I make a bosh chilli Recipe which has jackfruit, walnuts and dark chocolate in. If you want the recipe, send me a PM with your email and I will send you a copy.

Recommend the Asda free from chocolate which comes in milk chocolate with coffee and also raspberry/salted honeycomb, plus a plain chocolate mint, all divine and at £2 a bar, better than Galaxy.

If you are on Instagram, check out the domestic Gothess, fab recipes.

I did a vegan cookery course in January and we made tapas. My favourites from that were baked cauliflower wings, Spanish omelette and empanadas, can email copies if you want those, omelette and empanadas brilliant for lunches.

I could go on for ages, can you tell, I love to cook and to eat!

😁
Woah you are a pro! I ordered Jack Munroeís book the other day after a recommendation.

Iíll send you a PM!
__________________
Walt Disney World - 96, 98, 04, 07, 16, 17
Iceland - 14
NYC - 18
Oman - 18
California, Nevada, Arizona - 20



Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
Jet
Imagineer
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 07
I will be watching with interest.
My Dgd 22..is Vegan and everytime she comes it really stresses my out to find a nice meal for her...at the same time DH eats meat and I am veggie.
It's all a bit if a chore at the moment.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
sam7
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 11
I am also going to follow this with interest. About 9 months ago I talked my meat eating husband to do Meat Free Monday. We are both doing fine but I do struggle with meal ideas - because we eat meat the rest of the week I see no point in eating meat substitues like tofu.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
FizzyWhip
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 19
Mobile

We love the Bean chilli and lentil curry recipes from the deliciously Ella website , loads of easy recipes on there
FizzyWhip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
FizzyWhip
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 19
Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I am also going to follow this with interest. About 9 months ago I talked my meat eating husband to do Meat Free Monday. We are both doing fine but I do struggle with meal ideas - because we eat meat the rest of the week I see no point in eating meat substitues like tofu.
I donít see tofu as a meat substitute, i think itís an ingredient on its own and ate it before I was vegan .
In pad Thai itís lovely !
FizzyWhip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2871
CaxtonFX  $1.2741
Covent Garden FX  $1.2868
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2922
M&S  $1.2686
Post Office  $1.2671
Sainsburys  $1.2842
TESCO  $1.2867
Travelex  $1.2750
Updated: 01:30 23/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0853
CaxtonFX  €1.0798
Covent Garden FX  €1.0975
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0897
M&S  €1.0703
Post Office  €1.0686
Sainsburys  €1.0831
TESCO  €1.0853
Travelex  €1.0807
Updated: 01:30 23/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now