Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 28 Jun 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Any vegan dibbers?

Me and my partner have been plant based since January and both of us have been vegetarian for several years.

I’m usually quite good at putting meals together but I’ve been getting a bit lazy. Would love some dinner inspiration and any recommendations! 😊
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

No recipes from me, but I think you are wonderful. I hope to be like you one day. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Vegan since January and other than cheese, missing nothing.

I cook from scratch mostly, fortunately I love cooking and have more time available as no commute so trying loads of new recipes.

What sort of things do you like and I will see what recipes I have done that would suit.

Am turning friends vegan by stealth, sharing delicious plant based food with them 😂🤣
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
Vegan since January and other than cheese, missing nothing.

I cook from scratch mostly, fortunately I love cooking and have more time available as no commute so trying loads of new recipes.

What sort of things do you like and I will see what recipes I have done that would suit.

Am turning friends vegan by stealth, sharing delicious plant based food with them 😂🤣
I like pretty much everything but favourites I've made so far are orange tofu (like a copycat Panda Express orange chicken but veganised) and veggie enchiladas with homemade sauce.

I miss milk chocolate but that’s about it 😫

If you haven’t tried the vegan applewood cheese yet I definitely recommend it’s my favourite.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Currently making lasagne. Chopped up loads of veg and been cooking Down in tinned tomatoes with herbs and garlic for about 4 hours. Will layer tomorrow with lasagne sheets and make a white sauce from a blend of silken tofu, unsweetened plant milk and nutritional yeast. I make a huge one then freeze portions.

I use a fair bit of soya mince and make Bolognese, chilli, shepherds pie etc with it instead of beef mince.

Pinch of Nom have a recipe for hash brown breakfast bake which is fab and I do it for tea. Substitute the bacon for vivera bacon bits and you’re good to go.

Got Jack Munroe’s book Vegan (ish) which I love and have done a fair few recipes out of that.

Also look at Wicked Kitchen. Their pulled pork recipe made with king oyster mushrooms is fab and really simple, also made their seitan brisket with the barbecue dip, divine. All online.

I make a bosh chilli Recipe which has jackfruit, walnuts and dark chocolate in. If you want the recipe, send me a PM with your email and I will send you a copy.

Recommend the Asda free from chocolate which comes in milk chocolate with coffee and also raspberry/salted honeycomb, plus a plain chocolate mint, all divine and at £2 a bar, better than Galaxy.

If you are on Instagram, check out the domestic Gothess, fab recipes.

I did a vegan cookery course in January and we made tapas. My favourites from that were baked cauliflower wings, Spanish omelette and empanadas, can email copies if you want those, omelette and empanadas brilliant for lunches.

I could go on for ages, can you tell, I love to cook and to eat!

😁
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
Currently making lasagne. Chopped up loads of veg and been cooking Down in tinned tomatoes with herbs and garlic for about 4 hours. Will layer tomorrow with lasagne sheets and make a white sauce from a blend of silken tofu, unsweetened plant milk and nutritional yeast. I make a huge one then freeze portions.

I use a fair bit of soya mince and make Bolognese, chilli, shepherds pie etc with it instead of beef mince.

Pinch of Nom have a recipe for hash brown breakfast bake which is fab and I do it for tea. Substitute the bacon for vivera bacon bits and you’re good to go.

Got Jack Munroe’s book Vegan (ish) which I love and have done a fair few recipes out of that.

Also look at Wicked Kitchen. Their pulled pork recipe made with king oyster mushrooms is fab and really simple, also made their seitan brisket with the barbecue dip, divine. All online.

I make a bosh chilli Recipe which has jackfruit, walnuts and dark chocolate in. If you want the recipe, send me a PM with your email and I will send you a copy.

Recommend the Asda free from chocolate which comes in milk chocolate with coffee and also raspberry/salted honeycomb, plus a plain chocolate mint, all divine and at £2 a bar, better than Galaxy.

If you are on Instagram, check out the domestic Gothess, fab recipes.

I did a vegan cookery course in January and we made tapas. My favourites from that were baked cauliflower wings, Spanish omelette and empanadas, can email copies if you want those, omelette and empanadas brilliant for lunches.

I could go on for ages, can you tell, I love to cook and to eat!

😁
Woah you are a pro! I ordered Jack Munroe’s book the other day after a recommendation.

I’ll send you a PM!
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I will be watching with interest.
My Dgd 22..is Vegan and everytime she comes it really stresses my out to find a nice meal for her...at the same time DH eats meat and I am veggie.
It's all a bit if a chore at the moment.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am also going to follow this with interest. About 9 months ago I talked my meat eating husband to do Meat Free Monday. We are both doing fine but I do struggle with meal ideas - because we eat meat the rest of the week I see no point in eating meat substitues like tofu.
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We love the Bean chilli and lentil curry recipes from the deliciously Ella website , loads of easy recipes on there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I am also going to follow this with interest. About 9 months ago I talked my meat eating husband to do Meat Free Monday. We are both doing fine but I do struggle with meal ideas - because we eat meat the rest of the week I see no point in eating meat substitues like tofu.
I don’t see tofu as a meat substitute, i think it’s an ingredient on its own and ate it before I was vegan .
In pad Thai it’s lovely !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List