Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Aug 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
It's good to see that some restaurants are still giving their own discount as well as the government one. Great price for six meals, do they still do the salad bar ?
They do but in ours they send you up a table at a time then a staff member fills your bowl you just tell them what you want , also refill drinks are refilled by server not help yourself , ours was very well organised and just felt like a normal evening out my dd8 was desperate to eat out and was so happy by the end of the night
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disneyfans View Post
We went to our local Marstons pub tonight.
They do 2 for 1 main meals then I got 20% off food for blue light discount and finally 50% off for the eat out scheme.
4 meals (2 were steaks) and 3 drinks £22.
Very happy with that.
I am not sniping at you here, as obviously I would be happy with that too, it's just 22 for four meals, even with the 50% for the government, makes you wonder how that is trading at a profit and thus how it is economic stimulus. Or how restaurants manage in normal times on very thin margins.🤷
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babywebb View Post
They do but in ours they send you up a table at a time then a staff member fills your bowl you just tell them what you want , also refill drinks are refilled by server not help yourself , ours was very well organised and just felt like a normal evening out my dd8 was desperate to eat out and was so happy by the end of the night
Thank you for that , sounds like it was all handed extremely well .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am not sniping at you here, as obviously I would be happy with that too, it's just 22 for four meals, even with the 50% for the government, makes you wonder how that is trading at a profit and thus how it is economic stimulus. Or how restaurants manage in normal times on very thin margins.🤷
The restaurant isn't missing out on the 50% tho, they claim it back from the government
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I suppose they are maybe relying on additional sales above and beyond the offers, such as alcohol, desserts, sides etc
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babywebb View Post
We went to the harvester tonight for ds birthday I had a 25% off with the app so our meal for 6 should have been £106 we paid £44 bargain
What did you have ?
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Off to TGI this eve, will take pics. Hoping more of us start to take pics and we can have a foody pic thread x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We went to the Castle Eden Inn (locally) last night - just found this thread so no pics! There were 4 of us and we all had a couple of drinks - I had Katsu Chicken and Eton mess. It was lovely - first post lockdown night out with DB and SiL.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Here are a few photos from Monday evening in TGI Fridays

Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Here are a few photos from Monday evening in TGI Fridays

That's no good. I really want to go NOW 😭
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List