Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 May 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Disney Cruise booklet

Last year we received a spiral bound booklet from Disney prior to our cruise, but this year we've had nothing.

Does anyone know if they've stopped doing this?
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

It comes with the cruise tickets and luggage tags. Have these also not arrived? Not sure if its changed or not as my next cruise isn't until September so very interested to know.
Old 6 May 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Julie
Proud to wear my Ears

We are sailing on the Magic from Copenhagen at the end of this month. We received our spiral bound booklet and luggage tags last week!
Disney Julie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2

We've received nothing by post, although we've had lots of emails and I've checked in online so know the booking is still fine... phew! I've got my printout from online check in and we can make up our own labels for when we drop a case off, so I guess it isn't a major issue.
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Julie
Proud to wear my Ears

I was listening to a podcast about Disney cruises and they said that none of the information in the booklet, and the luggage tags are vital so no need to worry if they don't arrive. Hope you have a brilliant time!
Disney Julie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2

Originally Posted by Disney Julie View Post
I was listening to a podcast about Disney cruises and they said that none of the information in the booklet, and the luggage tags are vital so no need to worry if they don't arrive. Hope you have a brilliant time!
Fab, thanks. Puts my mind at ease a bit more!
Old 7 May 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yeah completely true! The tags you can get at the gate and the booklet is just info for the cruise which you would already have seen online. You will be fine without.

If you booked through a TA this could be why it is late arriving as takes longer (goes to TA then sent out).
Old 7 May 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lass1308
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We are sailing on the Magic from Copenhagen at the end of this month. We received our spiral bound booklet and luggage tags last week!
Same here. We're on the same cruise and our spiral bound book and tags arrived last week.

They will help you out at the port if the book and tags don't come, just be sure to do all the on-line check in and bring your documents.
lass1308 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
If you booked through a TA this could be why it is late arriving as takes longer (goes to TA then sent out).
This only happens if the TA specifies that everything should go to them. We book through a TA but she receives nothing of ours, it comes straight to us. I never understood why a TA would have them delivered to them first!

Originally Posted by Smithk2 View Post
We've received nothing by post, although we've had lots of emails and I've checked in online so know the booking is still fine... phew! I've got my printout from online check in and we can make up our own labels for when we drop a case off, so I guess it isn't a major issue.
If you're travelling from Port Canaveral, the luggage handlers there will have spare tags. Use theirs as it keeps the tags standard then for the next bit of their journey.
For other ports, you may need to see a DCL rep as the luggage handlers may not be quite as 'with it' regarding DCL stuff.
Ultimately, all you need is the financial agreement form but even that can be printed at the port.