Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Jul 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
I bought mine from Sol Time in the Florida Mall. It's a Monaco Gulf Edition but it was when it was two dollars to the pound. So it was massively cheaper then. I haven't looked at Tag prices but have been looking at Rolex but from what I can see I'm just as well buying here If I don't mind waiting on a list.
Sol time is now closed was gutted when I went into the Florida Mall last month I bought my second Tag and my breitling in there great shop
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the UK customs limit!
I assume you all go through the red channel.
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Does anyone know if duty/VAT is payable if bought in Duty Free in the UK and you take with you (not sure if taxed entering US or on return to UK)?

If so, can you order and collect on your return to avoid any duty/VAT when returning to the UK?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chocolatemango
Earning More Ears

I brought my DH a Tag last year from Mall at Millenia - it was a new design so was not available at the outlet store. Although it was slightly cheaper than the UK high street prices, we only just managed to beat the price of Ernest Jones at Gatwick Airport by a few pounds ... after a little bit of haggling. If you are after an older model you may get better savings.

DH bought my Tag at the Outlet Store at Vineland about 9 years ago - good exchange rate and saved a fantastic 50% on a beautiful diamond face, diamond bezel Aqua Racer - about £4000 in the UK stores now!
chocolatemango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

I ended up buying one at Heathrow and managed to get a little extra off
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DurhamGirl
VIP Dibber

The guy in the shop at Millenia Mall is from Co. Durham - so strictly not a Geordie! 😃
DurhamGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
I was in the TAG outlet last week and bought a watch - full Tag International 2 year warranty.
I have been looking at a Carrera Calibre 16. Florida Mall jewellers beside Macy's had it reduced to 2940+ tax. I thought that was no better than UK price, and TBH not sure I want to spend that much on a watch.
The TAG Outlet had same watch for 3200+tax.

I bought my first TAG, a Kirium Chrono from the TAG outlet 10 or 11 years ago, was £1500 in UK at the time, got it for £800 there. I still love that watch, so much so been thinking about buying another from 2nd hand market.

Last week I bought a TAG F1 watch at the outlet. Was reduced to 899+tax for July 4th sale. Was going back up to $1350 next day, well that's what guy told me and I never went back to check. This is the one I bought
, best price I saw on other US sites was $1250+tax

Then went in TAG Shop at Mall of MIllenia - was a very nice blue faced limited edition but I never asked price of looked at model.

Edited to add, the saleman who was trying to sell me the Carrera Calibre 16 told me UK TAG prices were going to be increasing by 30%.
Montredo had the Carrerra I was looking at at around £2300 - it shot back up to about £2800 before I went on holiday.
My husband has the Carrera Calibre 16, we paid £2900 over a year ago. The same watch retails today for £3700. Its a beautiful watch.