Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 05, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Many thanks everyone for your replies

Still undecided though. I read one and think 'oh yes' and then the next and think 'oh no'. Will deliberate a little longer I think
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 05, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Although my little DS is just 6 and can swim, we have decided that we will wait till I take them again in 2007. The swim is expensive and I would like to make the most of it, and to me my DS ( as he is a little baby like ! ) is too young to appreciate the dolphins !

Chris ( Earthbound ) has been and he agrees! LOL

Denise
Old 28 Jul 05, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Denise.

I have started pricing it up. Still undecided but veering towards trying to do it on Xmas Day. My eldest DS is 15 and if we don't do it this time, he will probably not want to come with us, considering himself too 'adult'!

Anyone know where you can get the best price for this?
Old 28 Jul 05, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

We did it on Christmas Day 2002 and it was fantastic Photo's are in my gallery. We didn't tell DD's until Christmas Eve. How we kept it a secret we still don't know!

We booked direct with DC as that gave us the best price at the time because of the exchange rate.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 05, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pelsey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
We did it although I can't comment on the 6 yr old as we were only two adults. I don't swim well but Dh does but it was a magical day all the same. We had our dolphin swim at 10:30 and after that it was great to watch others have theirs. There are plenty of sun loungers I had a sleep whilst Dh went snorkeling It is a great place to wind down and relax after the hustle of the theme parks.

The food was great and the facilities excellent, if you can afford it it is well worth a visit, definately 5 star treatment.
pelsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 05, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to DC september 2004. We had a fantastic time. I went with a friend her son and my niece. Son and niece were both seven at the time. They both had the most wonderful day. I myself cannot swim and was a little frightened at the thought of going into the deep lagoon. Our swim was at around midday. I would recommend that if you do go try and get an early swim as you do find yourself constantly looking at your watch so you are not late.

As our time approached and we finally entered the water in our groups to have our dolphin swim. The eyes on the kids faces were a picture, I have never seen them listen so hard and smile so much as they did as they stroke the dolphin (Our one named Suzy) It was time to go out into the lagoon and have the dolphin swim, I was feeling a little frightened but with the hand of the very good looking instructor I managed (just) to reach the middle of the lagoon. I swam back first with the dolphin leaving my niece behind in the deep water, of which she loved every minute of. I have got to say it was the best feeling ever, and then to see my niece swim back to shore, I can tell you that my eyes were filling up. What a great experience. A once in a lifetime thing to do and never to be missed.

The whole day is just great. Our day wasn't the best for weather, it was sunny for half the day and did rain a little, without the sun we did find it a bit chilly as the water is so cold.
We found that a lot of people started to leave when it began to rain at around 3pm, but there was no way we were leaving early, cold or not. The surroundings are just beautiful and we just sat on the beach and took it all in. A nice peaceful day. The kids floated around the lazy river and with everybody gone home they continued to float round a further 3 times.
It may be alot of money for one day - but well worth it - you would be a fool not to go. I would definitly do it again if our budget stretches that far next year. We also got a 7 day pass to seaworld included in our price which was a great bonus. (We paid £128 each)
Old 30 Jul 05, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

We actually did DC for my DD 6th birthday. She is a good swimmer but when we did the dolphin swim we made her wear a life jacket just incase. The trainer was really good with my DD and she was the first one to volunteer to be pulled back into shore by the dolphin. The only thing we had to be careful of was that my DD is very small for her age (about the size of a four year old) so when she was interacting with the dolphin near the shore she could not touch the bottom. The trainer just told her to float but do not kick her legs under the water as to not frighten the dolphin.

We all had a great time and cannot wait to go again. It is well worth the money and was one of my favourite parts of the holiday.
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 05, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

hi zanne
we went xmas day 04. it was our second time there. the weather was really bad (very cold and wet) although i think that it was a "bad winter". we wore the full length wet suits provided to keep us warm. it was my dd's first time to swim with the dolphin (she was then 6). none of us are good swimmers and do not like the deep water so we all wore life jackets provided - lots of adults wear them. my dd loved the interaction with the dolphin and the swim time. she thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day - although we didn't stay for long (we were admitted back to the park a few days later free of charge - we took part in a questionnaire/survey on way out and the cm spoke to her boss who then telephoned us at our hotel with a day available that they could fit us in - no dolphin swim though).
it would be great for xmas day due to the "controlled" level of people allowed into park per day - so no over-crowded theme parks - nice relaxing day and plenty of space.
you will only get about 40mins in water with dolphin and will be in a group of between 6-8 people but it is worth the experience. there are also lots of other things to do - you can walk in a shallow pool with fish and stingrays swimming around you. there is another pool with fish in it that you can snorkel in - this gets to about 13ft deep - so i just stay around the shallow part. then the lazy river, which is around 8ft at deepest part - we all wear life jackets and float around it.
it is a lot of money to go for one day - but again i think it is worth every penny especially to do it just once. i think we paid about £140-£150 each for xmas but this included 14 day admission to both sea world and busch gardens.
i have not booked us into dc this year as we have already been 3 times and for around the same price we are staying on-site at wdw for 1 week (this will be our first experience of on-site).
if your budget can stretch to it you should definitely go for it.
cheers, nat25go
Old 1 Aug 05, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread