Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Talking P and o

Has anyone done a caribbean cruise with them

Wondering what p and o are like for around 14 nights cruising in the caribbean

In my eyes nothing beats disney but ...
Old 14 Jul 13, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
athurstance
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We've done a few cruises with P&O in the Caribbean and enjoyed them all. It's not Disney but it is a quality cruise. The food is more geared to the UK market than the US ships - the officers are almost all British and the crew mainly Indian. Service is pretty good - entertainment is also pretty good.
We love the big ships - Azura is my favourite but we've been on Ventura, Oriana and Oceana too and they are all great. Lots for the kids to do and slightly better nightlife than Disney (which we found a bit quiet after 10pm) - you'll find plenty still going on later on a P&O ship.
They tend to similar islands although P&O will tend to pick the British Virgin Isles over the US one for instance so you do get some variety.
Nobody beats P&O when it comes to arriving in Barbados - you don't see your luggage again after you check it in for you flight from the UK - it is delivered straight to your cabin. When you land in Barbados there is no immigration queuing or anything - it is straight onto the buses and off to the ship.
athurstance is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
What prices are you looking at for med p&o cruise in comparison to a disney one, do you know?

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 13, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirst_al UK View Post
What prices are you looking at for med p&o cruise in comparison to a disney one, do you know?
It was the 14 night carribean p and o cruise
Old 16 Jul 13, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

We did a P&O transatlantic cruise from Southampton to Barbados - absolutely first class in my opinion. Staff that remember your name, great selection of food for all tastes, fab entertainment, spacious cabins, felt very personal and pampered throughout the holiday. Visited Tenerife, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Thomas, Antigua and flew home from Barbados.

Check in was smooth and fast. Dropped bags off as we got out of taxi at Southampton, 30 mins later we are onboard enjoying lunch, next time we see our bags they are outside our cabin

Coming home even better. Bags collected from outside our cabin after midnight. Stayed onboard until called for our bus, minimal waiting at the airport (less than an hour) - the next time we actually saw our bags was on the carousel at Birmingham - if only all holidays could be this way

We loved it and will certainly be booking again. Would highly recommend

Diane x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 13, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lottie89
Imagineer

We did a P&O Christmas Caribbean cruise and it was absolutely fantastic. We LOVED our Disney cruise but would only do that if we were heading to WDW on the same holiday.

Would have absolutely no qualms about cruising with P&O again for a 2-week holiday though. Beautiful ships, good nightlife and lots of interesting talks, activitiies and excursions.
California ~ 2015
lottie89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 13, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we've been on 3 P & O cruises over the past 2 years (none Caribbean tho') and have thought the service in the MDR is more professional than DCL and also being a vegetarian the choice was better for me. I wouldn't hesitate to book P & O again if the itinerary and price were right for me.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

P&O Caribbean was our first cruise, had a great time - have done 2 P&O since, also Princess, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Disney. Have to say Disney was our least favourite as our boys enjoyed it least but I know I'm in the minority there.

The whole set up of P&O is great, you check in at the airport and don't see your bags again until in your cabin on the ship. You get off the plane in Barbados straight onto a bus and driven to the ship where you check in on the keyside and get your cards. On the way home you leave your bags outside the night before and meet them again on arrival in the UK. You stay on the ship until the bus picks you up to take you to the airport where you go through security and get on the plane, none of this checking in at the airport 3 hours before the flight nonsense.

It is a very British product, the food and entertainment is geared up to British (and quite often more mature) tastes. During the school holidays the average age is a lot lower but to give you an idea we went February half term and our 2 boys were the only children on the plane from Glasgow and I think we were the only 30 somethings. I think there were less than 100 children on the ship in total for that fortnight although the following cruise there were a lot more (this was in 2001).

We have found the kids facilities very good, even now they are teenagers there are areas where they can get together away from their parents if they like and they are "kept an eye on". The club staff have always been great and on one cruise in particular the DJ was just fantastic. I think DS still has him on facebook.

Azura has sea screen which aggravates quite a few people I have found as the volume can be quite loud, but I loved going to watch a film under the stars after dinner. They did show football when we were in the Med. which isn't always to everyone's taste but we just went elsewhere, it seemed popular though.

I would certainly not hesitate in booking one again.
Old 20 Jul 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread