Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Taking "snacks" from the buffets

My husband and I were talking about our ADR's last night and he reckons he's going to take ziplock bags with us when we eat at some of the character buffets and take some danishes for snacking on throughout the day! My immediate thought was 'You can't do that! ' But he says why not, we've paid for it.

Does anyone else do this?!

Edited at 04:40 PM.
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

No you haven't paid for it. You've paid for what you can eat when you're on the premises, not to stock your pantry for a week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
No you haven't paid for it. You've paid for what you can eat when you're on the premises, not to stock your pantry for a week.
I don't think a danish each would feed us for a week but this is exactly what I thought too! I'll be sure to remove his ziplock bags if he packs any!
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

nope, i would not do this
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I see many people doing this at the Buffet meals but whether you want to or whether you should is entirely up to you. I doubt Disney will run out of food.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Nope, never have - and I wouldn't dream of embarrassing myself by doing so in future, sorry!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Nope, never have - and I wouldn't dream of embarrassing myself by doing so in future, sorry!
No need to apologise, I feel exactly the same!
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

The only thing hubby did was take an apple that we'd already picked from the buffet but could not eat. I would go mad if he did anything else

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I have only done this for my little boy when we went to tuskar house and crystal palace, but didn't fill a bag.

I simply had put a couple of the small muffins on his plate and if he didn't eat them all we took one with us for a snack for later. The CM actually asked us before clearing the plates at TH if we wanted to take it away so the next day at Crystal Palace we did.

I usually pack a lot of snacks from home and already have a ziplock bag full of snacks for the day for all of us. My suitcase of way over is always half full of food
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrscrimbo View Post
I have only done this for my little boy when we went to tuskar house and crystal palace, but didn't fill a bag.

I simply had put a couple of the small muffins on his plate and if he didn't eat them all we took one with us for a snack for later. The CM actually asked us before clearing the plates at TH if we wanted to take it away so the next day at Crystal Palace we did.
I was going to say, the only instance in which i'd consider it is in a situation like the above.

When you have paid for a small child, put food on their plate and then they get distracted/tired and don't eat. I would put the food already on their plate in a bag (as it would go in the bin anyway) or ask a server if it would be OK to take a *few* snacks as they hadn't eaten.

Edited at 05:41 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List