Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jun 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile Places to eat that I can uber to from AKL?

Hello

I'm after some suggestions on off site places I can uber to (no car hire) from AKL. We are 2A 2C and after a breakfast option (is dennys or ihop reasonable distance?) and an evening meal option or two. My family are fussy only like burgers, steaks, pizzas, Italian etc
Also after something that's not too expensive so I have more money for Disney souvenirs

Thank you
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

There are loads of places on the 192 which is fairly close... or you could get resort transport down to Disney springs and Uber or walk up to Crossroads which has options for all the kinds of dining you mention.
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I like Rolling Oaks from AKL. There was an Olive Garden and Sweet Tomatoes the last time we were there. I think there might be a Flippers too (although I'd probably get them to deliver to the hotel).

Edit: for a cheap breakfast I'd probably go to Target and pick up some cereal etc to eat in your room. It's still cheaper than eating out even buying milk from the hotel shop every few days. It's also much less time consuming than eating out in the morning. We ate out for breakfast every day last time for the first time and we got to the parks much later than normal.

Edited at 11:05 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rolling Oaks has Longhorns and Bahama Breeze too, Target is on the same plot, and Dollar Tree, so you could stock up on snacks and bits. That part of 192 has plenty of places to eat. Bonefish Grill was a new favourite of ours, not far from Target.
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a read of this thread especially the map linked in post #2 by Anna Marie.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...hlight=formosa

Mick
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dabootie View Post
There are loads of places on the 192 which is fairly close... or you could get resort transport down to Disney springs and Uber or walk up to Crossroads which has options for all the kinds of dining you mention.
Thank you for that
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
I like Rolling Oaks from AKL. There was an Olive Garden and Sweet Tomatoes the last time we were there. I think there might be a Flippers too (although I'd probably get them to deliver to the hotel).

Edit: for a cheap breakfast I'd probably go to Target and pick up some cereal etc to eat in your room. It's still cheaper than eating out even buying milk from the hotel shop every few days. It's also much less time consuming than eating out in the morning. We ate out for breakfast every day last time for the first time and we got to the parks much later than normal.
Thanks tbh I'm only after eating breakfast out once just for a treat the rest of the time yea I'll prob get cereal or use snack credits
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Rolling Oaks has Longhorns and Bahama Breeze too, Target is on the same plot, and Dollar Tree, so you could stock up on snacks and bits. That part of 192 has plenty of places to eat. Bonefish Grill was a new favourite of ours, not far from Target.
Brill. I've seen Bahama Breeze mentioned a few times and I'd definitely like to pop into a target. Thankyou
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Have a read of this thread especially the map linked in post #2 by Anna Marie.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...hlight=formosa

Mick
Very useful thankyou
Old 23 Jun 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

We stay at AKL.
We usually have breakfast in the room.
Items from zawadi marketplace (shop in jambo house) or snack credit used in the Mara.
OR
we go to disney springs and eat there
OR
from disney springs, we get the lynx bus ($2 per journey -must have correct cash in notes only per person) to the crossroads and can eat (vars places) or shop (goodings supermarket) or both.
we get a taxi back to disney springs to save money!

breakfasts alternatives are;
Magic Kingdom-sleepy hollow waffles (plain or fresh strawberry & cream or nutella or savoury)-worth a snack credit and very filling.

Hollywood Studios
Rolling stars cafe-kids power pack or vars pastries and savoury items (snack credits)

Epcot
Les halles-pattiserie. Something for everyone in here-croisants, baguettes, croque monsiour and savoury items (snack credit)

AK park
harambe marketplace- frut cups, granola,pretzels and fresh fruit.delicious

We also used to use a credit at the pop century food court.

We liked the picabu self service cafe (not formal) at the Dolphin. loads of choice for any meal and we loved the pizza for dinner.
The pizza counter at port orleans french quarter was a great hit.

If you like japanese food, go to too the katsura grill OR catch an earlybird lunch on a prix fixe menu at tokyo dining for $20 each. You get a choice of bento boxes for this . its not advertised. you have to book and its such great value.gorgeous food and surroundings.

Theres so many things.
this year we have ordered items from the garden grocer (inc alcohol) to be delivered.
That way we are not using up precious time.

some of the best meals we've had were in other restaurants at the hotels onsite.
The contemporary and the grand floridian have by far the best offering for qsdp inc icecream!

we prefer contemporary but the polynesian would also be a close second!
i'm talking qsdp here not table service.
hope this helps.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List