Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 20 Jul 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yes, you can preorder anything from Deli counter, not just the hot bar and subs. It will be waiting for you in a ToGo area with your name on it. They even label each individual sub so you know who owns which.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MattAshdad View Post
The Publix next to Vista Cay is excellent and so close to the resort that you can walk there for a smaller shop. Their roasted chickens straight from the oven are lovely for a cheap meal in the resort.
Originally Posted by deltakc View Post
The bakery is amazing! Their Chicago Italian beard, French baguettes and fresh donuts are wonderful. The hot food section and subs are also great x
I'd agree, save yourself the journey and shop here. This Publix is also good for offers like 2 for 1 fruit salad tubs and Haagen Daaz/Ben & Jerry's that you don't get at Vineland becuase it's slightly outside the tourist trap.

And off topic perhaps, OP, if you're on a budget the NYPD pizza next door does 2 for 1 pizza on Tuesday nights, really tasty, as are the garlic bread knots
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Hubby seems to be an expert on Rum n Raisin ice cream and he wants me to let you know tnat Publix's own brand rum n raisin is the best he's ever tasted (and he's tasted many!)
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redsox77 View Post
Hubby seems to be an expert on Rum n Raisin ice cream and he wants me to let you know tnat Publix's own brand rum n raisin is the best he's ever tasted (and he's tasted many!)
I really love Publix own brand vanilla ice cream they sell for around $7 for a large tub.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We stay at Vista Cay once a year or if we can fit it in twice a year... Hubby loves Publix so much that he always grumbles about the supermarkets here so our son had a T shirt printed for him saying ...
' Its not F-ing PUBLIX' in green Publix style type.
Old 22 Jul 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Which is closer to Disney? I don't mind going either...
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

Originally Posted by misslou View Post
Hi,

Is there much of a difference between Publix and Walmart? We're staying at Vista Cay and apparently there is a Publix just across the road. For convenience it'll be easier for us to use this but I wondered if it'll have everything we need or if it'll be better to head to Walmart? We also want to stay on a bit of a budget so we have more money for shopping and dining out, is one cheaper than the other?

Thanks!
We always go to Publix on the first night and stock up on the essentials, milk, sugar, bread etc and then in then after a couple of days head down to Walmart. I am staying at Vista Cay this year (normally stay at Tuscan Hills) so I haven't visited this Publix but will be using it regularly, hopefully a nice walk of an evening to fetch a nice hot chicken. By the way, I am there in October.
Old 23 Jul 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Publix's 'fruit at the bottom' yoghurts are absolutely delicious- peach is my favourite. Roll on Wednesday 😀
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

I think for 'big shop' items I would use Walmart.
In the past have always used Publix but found the Walmart Supercenter on Vine Street cheaper for bulkier items, such as stocking up on large bottles of water/soda etc

For topping up though Publix is ideal as I agree the quality is a little better.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List