Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 05, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Balloon Flights

I want to book a balloon flight before we go as a suprise in October, anyone know who the cheapest would be?

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 05, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I think bobsballoons seem to be the cheapest as they offer a discount for online bookings. Not tried them myself but just looking at booking a suprise flight for my hubby in September - have sent a couple of e-mails and had responses straightaway so quite impressed so far.

Prices in dollars $155 - which with the good exchange rate i think will be about £85

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Old 23 Jun 05, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, I will try them. So far the prices I have got are £267.00 with Keith Prowse and £273.00 with Selego for 2 adults and 1 child aged 12.
Old 23 Jun 05, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Attraction Tickets Direct were competitive, they were £99 per person and I think £59 for a child, they will also price match.

heen
Old 23 Jun 05, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

ballon Flight

We have booked with Bobs Balloons for the 18th September, they have been great, answered our Q straight away via e mail, i have every faith in them that we will have a great flight. I also like the fact that they dont charge your CC until after the flight.

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 05, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
westhamman
Excited about Disney

we flew orange blossom balloons, they excepted our 16year old as a child, as we booked when she was 15. The original date was cancelled due to it being to windy, but they just add more balloons on another day if you are able to change your day. My one piece of advice about balloon flight, in 4 visits to Florida we have never been bitten by insects, standing around in the takeoff and landing sites we were bitten to pieces, so would advise people to wear insect repellant.

Dave F
westhamman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 05, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

We flew with Bluewater balloons and I cannot recommend them enough. Unlike Orange Blossom, you have a max of 4 people and the pilot in the balloon, so it's nice not to have tonnes of people with you. We were picked up from our hotel and taken back for free, had an amazing 1 1/2 hr flight, and a gorgeous picnic in the field where we landed.

I know Bob's balloons may be a little cheaper, but Don (owner of Bluewater) highlighted that Bob has simply copied everything bluewater do (free etched champagne glass, picnic, photo and certificate) and don't have nearly as much flying experience. He wasn't slagging them off - far from it, he was very dignified considering this company is a competitor...he said what he normally does is explains to people what service Bluewater offer and they can usually see it's a bit more personal that their competitors.

Give them a call, you WON'T be disappointed!

bluewaterballoons/

$160 pp if you book online!
Old 24 Jun 05, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

balloon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SamsCalling
[B]
I know Bob's balloons may be a little cheaper, but Don (owner of Bluewater) highlighted that Bob has simply copied everything bluewater do (free etched champagne glass, picnic, photo and certificate) and don't have nearly as much flying experience. He wasn't slagging them off - far from it, he was very dignified considering this company is a competitor...he said what he normally does is explains to people what service Bluewater offer and they can usually see it's a bit more personal that their competitors.

I think its what you call running a business Sam.

Bob also has 20 years of flying too

Catherine

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 05, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I can reccommend bobs baloons very much...bob will try and fly for as long as possibble...our trip last year took us from oldtown to flight of fantasy...bout an hour and 15 mins, one or 2 others they fly along side also land there where as others tend to curtail and land at wallaby
Old 24 Jun 05, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Balloon

Sounds good to me tiggermaster.

Catherine
Closed Thread