Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 05, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jes
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Naples excursion

I was having a look at the Virgin Holidays website and found that there is a day trip to Naples available.

Everglades and Naples Tour
The thrill of an airboat ride
Take an exhilarating airboat ride, stroll through an authentic Indian village, view native wildlife and much much more in the fascinating Florida Everglades!

Cruise along millionaires row
Enjoy an awesome cruise along the bays of Naples aboard the Naples Princess, a $2million luxury yacht. See dolphins playing alongside the boat while you view the spectacular houses of the rich and famous on prestigious Naples Bay.

Time to relax
Later on you relax on one of Naples' beautiful beaches. You'll enjoy dinner at a local hotel, all included.

The Everglades and Naples tour departs from Orlando only.

Trip includes round trip from your Orlando hotel, airboat ride, yacht and dinner voucher.

Available for International Drive, Florida Homes, Kissimmee and Lake Buena Vista only.

It sounds ideal as my BF fancies a day away from Orlando! Has anyone done this or something similar or visited Naples?
2019 - Hard Rock Hotel - HHN 2010 - Hard Rock Hotel & Dolphin 2009 - Hard Rock Hotel - HHN 2007 - Hard Rock Hotel & Dolphin & Westin Times Square, NY 2006 - Buena Vista Palace 1998 - Hyatt Orlando/Caribbean Cruise on Grand Princess
Jes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 05, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

did this trip a couple of years ago, and it was brilliant. sure, it's a long day, but the coach was so comfortable, and the driver and courier so entertaining, it flew by. the videos shown entertained the kids. we did the cruise first, where we were served sandwiches (american style) and soft drinks. we then went to the everglades, where we went on a swamp buggy and an airboat. then we went to the beach, and had dinner at a hotel right on the seafront. we stayed to watch the sunset, which was unbelieveable, and then left for home. the day lasted from about 6am till 11pm, but would do it again any time. doing a 1 day to miami this year, a trip of about the same length, but not worried about the journey at all, thanks to having done the naples one.
Old 25 Jul 05, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jes
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks for that Tracey. It sounds really good. I didn't think it would last that long. Definately good value then!
2019 - Hard Rock Hotel - HHN 2010 - Hard Rock Hotel & Dolphin 2009 - Hard Rock Hotel - HHN 2007 - Hard Rock Hotel & Dolphin & Westin Times Square, NY 2006 - Buena Vista Palace 1998 - Hyatt Orlando/Caribbean Cruise on Grand Princess
Jes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 05, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
It was a fantastic trip. I dont know if the trip still involves airboat rides at Wootons, but if so, make sure you go on the swamp buggy. You get the chance to go through the swamps and see the Florida wildlife up close - fantastic!
The boat trip from Naples was lovely - just relaxing and drinking rum punch while getting up close to those fabulous houses was one of the highlights of our first trip to Florida.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 05, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have stayed in Naples. Definitely worth a visit, I would go for it.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 05, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I would recommend the Virgin Swim with Manatees tour if you want to get away for a day, its a fantastic day out one of the best I have had.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 05, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireB
Imagineer

ClaireB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Its a long day on the tour if you have been to Orlando before why not spend a couple of days in Naples to chill a bit. Its a lovely place me & BF had a great couple of days and you can book the excursions at your own leisure. We also went to a zoo (jungle Larrys I think) and that was quite good to, and the beach is gorgeous.

There are various web sites for Naples so I would suggest having a look on Google to find out further details about Naples excursions in general.

Have fun

Claire
Old 28 Jul 05, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread