Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 13, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by SpectroGirl View Post
You will have a fab time regardless of the itinerary you choose but having said that I think you’d be able to find activities suitable for your group in any of the ports. We’ve done Monaco with young kids 3 times now and they love it, from arriving on the double-decker train to visiting the Oceanographic Museum, riding the little tourist train then spending hours at the play area in Princess Grace’s rose garden. You also have to appreciate the proportion of US guests on the ship who are ‘doing’ Europe - we really enjoyed coming back early to the ship for a quieter swim and a bit of shuffleboard whilst our American friends were out touring the south of France or Rome from dawn til dusk

My DDs (then aged 9 & 5) loved Oceaneers Club & Lab – we had to re-jigg our plans several times to accommodate the activities they wanted to do including towel art, sand craft, a royal ball and making flubber. They met loads of characters in there (including the main mouse!) and we’ve got lots of priceless photos taken by CM’s. They also loved doing the Friendship Rocks show. I definitely wouldn’t discount the clubs – maybe see what they want to do nearer the time then you can make the most of any free time with a spa booking, Palo reservation or a mixology class

Re drinks, you pay for the coffees in Cove Cafe but fine for soft drinks on board. One tip we found useful was to take a cardboard drinks holder from a fast food restaurant – it makes juggling 4 cups at the drink station on deck 9 much easier
Thanks for all your help and advice I'm sure my DD would love all the activities on offer at the kids club. I admit it is me not wanting to leave her! But as I said she will have been at school a year by then so I may feel a bit easier about it!

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Woo Hoo! All booked

We are on the Magic 7th August

Really excited

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 13, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Woo Hoo! All booked

We are on the Magic 7th August

Really excited
Nice one!
Old 13 Jun 13, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Nice one!
Thanks Joa! I took your advice on staterooms and have managed to book 2580

I'm sure I'll be popping up with lots more questions!

DVC Owner at OKW
Old 29 Jun 13, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey we are on the aug 7th 2014 med cruise too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by minximom View Post
Hey we are on the aug 7th 2014 med cruise too!
See you on board then! Do you know what stateroom number you are ?

DVC Owner at OKW
Old 29 Jun 13, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi - yes we will be in 7010. We have 2 boys who will be 6 and 5... they are looking forward to the kids club so i'm sure they will see your DD at some point!

I went for a shorter 4 day cruise thinking 1) its the cheaper option and 2) as its our first cruise I need to test out if we are sea sick... but after reading posts from fellow Disney cruisers, I have a feeling that the 4 days are going to go quick and so I really want to make sure we make the most of every day! I am starting to research Palma and Ibiza. I think we will spend a lot of time on ship and nip out for half days perhaps when the ship docks...a beach in Ibiza maybe? read about some caves in Majorca that are great to visit but not sure how far away they are. Anyway...great to see a Dibber will be on board!
Old 30 Jun 13, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We went for the shorter cruise, thinking that it will be a taster for DD too! I also didn't think the ports of call on the 5 or 7 night would hold much interest for DD
There is a DCL excursion from Palma to Palma Nova, which has a beautiful beach ( we stayed there when DD was little). There is also Marine land in Palma Nova (think extremely small SW with no rides!).
For us,I don't think it would be much cheaper to get a taxi to and from P. N than doing the excursion with DCL, and at least you are guaranteed to get back in time!
The caves in Majorca are the caves of Drach in Porto Christo. I would say they are further than going to P. N. I haven't been to the caves for years!
I can't find any info on where the ship docks in Ibiza or what excursions there are, but like you I figured there would be a beach nearby somewhere! If not we may just have a wander and then get back on board the ship.

DVC Owner at OKW
Old 30 Jun 13, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi disneymadhouse..where do we find out what excursions are available for palma and the prices?

Are you interested in participating in a fish extender gift thing? The meet thread on the us forum has nothing formally set up yet with it being so early but a few are expressing an interest.
Old 30 Jun 13, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi, yes I would be interested in the FE on the US forum - I replied on the thread last night

Port excursions you can find details on the DCL website - you just click on which port you are interested in

disneycruise.disney.go/cr...ursions/search

HTH

DVC Owner at OKW
Closed Thread