Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jun 13, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Taking a buggy on board for little ones?

I wasn't planning to take the buggy onboard, but now am not sure.

DD2 will be 3yrs 3mths when we go, and probably just grown out of daytime naps at home, but still expecting her to need them in the parks etc. However, not sure if she'll need them onboard. DS will be 5yrs, and doesn't use the buggy now but again he will get tired on park days, but I don't envisage him needing it onboard or at CC.

We are probably now doing the 4nt from PC on the Dream with double dip at CC. Not sure if we'll get off at Nassau or stay onboard.

My only reason for thinking the buggy might be useful is if DD2 is tired in the evenings and we want to stay on deck for movies or something and she could sleep and just be pushed back to the stateroom, rather than us having to carry her.

Has anyone used a buggy for a little one onboard/port excursions or does it just get in the way? Part of me thinks if I take it and we don't need it it can just stay folded up under the bed, but the other bit of me thinks easier to leave it in the car/luggage room at BLT for afterwards.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
You can take it, but just be aware that space is limited everywhere. For excursions it'd be great, but as you're doing a double dip at CC, what excursions could you possibly do?!

On CC, they have sand buggies available for free (first come first served), so I'm not sure when you would ned your own really.

You can fold them up for dinner I suppose and try to tuck it in somewhere, or ask the staff to put it to one side for you, but in the elevators it will become a fair burden I imagine as they are busy at the obvious times and don;t think people will get out so you can all get in. We saw that last year when we dined with a couple, one of whom was wheelchair bound .. nobody offiered to walk up the stairs so they could use the elevator. I had a few choice words with them!
Old 17 Jun 13, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
You can take it, but just be aware that space is limited everywhere. For excursions it'd be great, but as you're doing a double dip at CC, what excursions could you possibly do?!

On CC, they have sand buggies available for free (first come first served), so I'm not sure when you would ned your own really.

You can fold them up for dinner I suppose and try to tuck it in somewhere, or ask the staff to put it to one side for you, but in the elevators it will become a fair burden I imagine as they are busy at the obvious times and don;t think people will get out so you can all get in. We saw that last year when we dined with a couple, one of whom was wheelchair bound .. nobody offiered to walk up the stairs so they could use the elevator. I had a few choice words with them!
That's really not uncommon Joa - my parents can have really long waits for lifts on cruises as people dont seem to give any consideration to a wheelchair user
I dont remember seeing any buggies in use onboard - maybe I just wasnt looking, but I would imagine it could be more hassle than it's worth!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
That's really not uncommon Joa - my parents can have really long waits for lifts on cruises as people dont seem to give any consideration to a wheelchair user
I dont remember seeing any buggies in use onboard - maybe I just wasnt looking, but I would imagine it could be more hassle than it's worth!
I reminded a few people that they were lucky to be able to walk up the stairs, so they should take advantage of that fact!

Edited at 03:02 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

We always use the stairs when we can, I also get very angry in hotels/shops when people are lazy using lifts they don't need to.

I won't take the buggy onboard, thought I had read about sand buggys.
Old 21 Jun 13, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

If its an umbrella type buggy I would definitely take it

Even if you just use it in the port terminal for dumping bags on it

It might also help in the evening if you want to go on deck eg pirates night or just pushing DD round if you can't get her to sleep.

If its umbrella then you can just fold it up and carry it up and down stairs instead of having to use the lift

PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 13, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I would take it for evenings and maybe off the ship.To be honest, the only time I saw them on the Magic in the med was in the late evenings when the mostly Spanish folks were on deck watching a film on the big screen, and the tiny tots were asleep in the buggy. If your little one needs to be pushed to get to sleep, the decks are a great place to do it as most folks are at the shows or in the bars (or tucked up in bed). I wouldn't attemp it during the day though as the decks are far too busy x

Edited at 02:09 AM.
sunkisser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 13, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

We'll see what type of buggy we end up taking. Was only planning to use it late at night maybe so dd2 could sleep if we want to watch a late movie or something, not around the ship at other times.
Old 26 Jun 13, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

You can hire Buggies from Guest Services for a small deposit on Disney Ships. You have use throughout the cruise and the deposit is returned when the Buggy is returned.
Old 17 Jul 13, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

We cruised with our twin 4 year olds and hired a double buggy in Orlando and hired the single buggies on the cruise - $100 deposit each, so refundable, we used to lap the ship to force them to sleep so they'd stay up later into the evening! - worked a treat! Their trunkies became seats at the airport so we didn't have the hassle of using the buggy or carrying it around airports
Closed Thread