Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Oct 22, 04:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigerlilly22
Proud to wear my Ears

Fords garage

We went to the one on the 192 and I have to say it was a bit crap. Because they now auto add on 20% tip, the servers don’t even try to offer decent service. Not a smile, no offer to refill drinks and took 20 mins to get the bill. If I had a choice in the matter, I’d have left zero tip.
Stick with cheddars, food is better, and service is great.
Also, if you go to Waffle House, they have old style hand written paper checks and they tried to overcharge us by $12. She got quite rude when I said the bill didn’t add up or make sense as full of coded squiggles , Until I pointed out prices on the menu and made her add it up again.
Check your bills properly, and read reviews on places you plan to visit. I wish I had before Fords garage.
Xxx
Tigerlilly22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 22, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

That doesn’t sound too clever! On the flip side, we had a lovely last meal at the one by the mall on Vineland where the 20% charge wasn’t added.

We did though have two servers as one was in training and shadowing someone 😊
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 22, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to the Fords Garage on Vineland, must admit, it wasn’t the best. It certainly wasn’t bad, but given all the hype, we expected much better. There are certainly many better options around.

At the end of the day, you have to try these places.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

There’s been a huge thread running for the last few months on this:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1227784
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We had great service at Ford’s when we visited in August. Though I don’t really agree with the automatic service charge.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been to fords twice in the last few weeks and have had great food and service. They pointed out to 20% service charge before we ordered. We felt they deserved their 20%!

It's also in a great area on sunset walk with shops and other restaurants around. The snow cone place is great!

Em

Edited at 12:30 PM.
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SmellyDelly
Trainee Dibber

Our server was very lovely at the 192 branch, he did point out the 20% before we ate but I think he was a bit cheeky at the end saying any extra gratuity will be welcome. A very good looking, charismatic chap...bet there's a few who fall for that. Not me though, and the food was ok but nothing special!
SmellyDelly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

We had an amazing meal at Ford’s sunset walk we went on a Saturday night and enjoyed the car show as well!
The food was really good, service was first class and they told us about the service charge before we sat down then again when ordering! Have to say 20% was well worth it!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly22 View Post
We went to the one on the 192 and I have to say it was a bit crap. Because they now auto add on 20% tip, the servers don’t even try to offer decent service. Not a smile, no offer to refill drinks and took 20 mins to get the bill. If I had a choice in the matter, I’d have left zero tip.
Stick with cheddars, food is better, and service is great.
Also, if you go to Waffle House, they have old style hand written paper checks and they tried to overcharge us by $12. She got quite rude when I said the bill didn’t add up or make sense as full of coded squiggles , Until I pointed out prices on the menu and made her add it up again.
Check your bills properly, and read reviews on places you plan to visit. I wish I had before Fords garage.
Xxx

Should gave gone to sickies 👍 amazing far better than teak
Old 29 Oct 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs sun View Post
We had an amazing meal at Ford’s sunset walk we went on a Saturday night and enjoyed the car show as well!
The food was really good, service was first class and they told us about the service charge before we sat down then again when ordering! Have to say 20% was well worth it!
We saw the cars too on our first visit the other week. Was really good. Nice atmosphere.

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List