Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 16, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Fantasmic Dining Package

We have Fantasmic on FP and have booked to have dinner at H&V the same night. Is it worth trying to change it to the Fantasmic Dining Package? How much exta is it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

No extra, it's the regular price. Did it this year. If you have a ressie at a time you're happy with, I wouldn't change to the package. The available time slots are usually quite early.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I agree. Our dinner booking at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package is 4.05pm. I couldn't get any later.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post

But isn't the VIP seating better than a FP?
Old 30 Jul 16, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Sorry, hadn't thought of that aspect when I replied. Thinking about it, although the VIP area is the centre block, the regular seating looked just as good to us, imagine sitting in the stalls in a theatre. The centre stalls are obviously the best but the side stalls still offer excellent views. I really didn't know what to expect, had never seen Fantasmic before and was imagining a huge theater. In fact it's a giant outdoor seating area, think sports arena size but seating only on one side. The floats sail all along, stopping in front of each seating area. The goings on against the backdrop are across the lake so visible to all. I've just read what I've written, sorry I'm rubbish t describing stuff. Maybe looking on YouTube would help it your decision. Either way, you'll love it but take a hoodie or cardi, I found it a bit cool but this was May.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

If the price isn't any different, I wonder if we ask nicely when we go to eat if they'll let us have the VIP seating
Old 17 Aug 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mr&mrssmith
Excited about Disney

mr&mrssmith's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

I don't understand why, if for eg HBD is two ddc anyway then why doesn't everyone opt for the Fantasmic package?

Hotel Louvre & DLP Halloween 2006 ~ Newport Bay 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel 2011 ~ Hotel New York 2013 ~ Portaventura Theme Park 2014 ~ P&O Med & Canary Cruise 2015 ~ Disneys Beach Club WDW 2016 ~ Cotswolds 2017 ~ Royalton White Sands Jamaica 2018 ~
mr&mrssmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Because they use the package to fill up the quiet times in the restaurants. So it tends to be lunchtime or early afternoon.

We had a wonderful lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby with the package, which was one of the best meals of our trip.

The package doesn't cost any extra, and I believe the seating is more central than the FP area.

They do still recommend you get there about 40 minutes before, as if it's busy they will open the dining package area to all comers eventually. We strolled up 40 minutes before the show, no queue, the central area was practically deserted so we had our pick of the seating.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 16, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds daft but once it's started can you leave? A little worried about 5 year old being entertained by it
Old 18 Aug 16, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely, people were coming and going when we were there in April
Closed Thread