Old 24 Aug 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yep me. There was a lady in front of me who didn't manage it but she was bigger than me in height and width. Loved it!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Been back 10 days now, I'm a chap with a 52" chest and 40" waist, we went to Busch gardens, seaworld, MK, Epcot. US and IOA. I managed to get on all the rides with the lap bar type of restraint no problem, the rides with the over the shoulder restraints I had to go on the adapted seats, I still went on every ride, they are no bigger but they have 2 straps that plug in either side of the centre where the bar goes down slightly, instead of the single strap ones that plug in right in the middle. I tried the test seats on every ride and no one batted an eye. The adapted seats are quite well marked but you will have to tell the ride loaders that you want the adapted seats, they make no fuss and just line you up for the next ride.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
stokie93
Gone all Goofy

this is great as you sound a similar size to myself, i'm around a 48" chest and 40" waist.

What height are you if you don't mind me asking?
stokie93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stokie93
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Went to seaworld yesterday on 1st day, got on Manta fine, Kraken I had to sit on a seat with 2 belts but was very close on the one with one belt. Couldn't get on Mako which was gutting cause I was so excited for it.

the design of it is not great for people with big thighs as its like a lap bar that comes down on you either side of your hips and it was just a nono for me even though I squeezed in it on the seat try out.

No one made a fuss of it and the members of staff were more than understanding. Lost 4 stone before coming here so I wouldn't have got on anything beforehand so I'm still very chuffed
stokie93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi guys. Mainly aiming this question at blokes for advice. Having my first trip to Florida 3 weeks today. I'm a bigger guy and worrying I am too big for the rides. I'm 5.11 currently just over 18stone. ( looking to be 17.7 before i fly) 46"chest and a 42" waist. What do you think ? From what I've read Disney will be fine however I am worried about universal parks and Busch gardens. I really wanna ride all the Harry Potter rides. Hope I will be ok. What do you think ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Boo-Bobz
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Hi Everyone,
Thought I'd post my experience. I visited universal and islands of adventure yesterday.
I'm a size 22 on the bottom and 18-20 on top. I was most worried about the Harry Potter rides after reading the threads.
Forbidden Journey was first up. Was pulled to the side of the lines where the test seat was but so they could check my daughters height. She was unsure my daughter was tall enough so directed us to the cast member at the end of the line. No request for me to try the seats. Got to the loading area and I asked the cast member if I was good to ride. She said sure and looked puzzled. I did go for an outside seat as I read they were bigger and had no problems fitting in. Didn't feel over tight or unsecure at all. We did child swap so got to ride again after and different cast member loading. No issues.
Escape from Gringotts was next up. Rushed in and didn't see the test seats outside or else I would have tried them out. Nothing said by any cast members in the lines and was loaded onto the ride. Seats did feel narrow and I was slightly uncomfortable but the ride was so good I could put up with it.
Rip Ride It Rocket - I didn't ride but the other half did. He's broad chested and wears XXL tshirts. He had no problems fitting in. We're yet to try the Hulk but fingers crossed can try tomorrow so will post an update then.
I hope this puts some minds to rest as I was very nervous in the lines leading up to the rides.
Boo-Bobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
colliegirlsal
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi everyone.

I'm posting as I spent many an anxious dibbing session looking through this thread, worrying about rides etc. Also, sadly the stress impacted slightly on the pre excitement of our holiday - never again am I going through that! So... decided to post some horribly honest facts about my size to ease anyone else worried out there.

I'm a size 20/22/24 depending on what shop I go to. For a more accurate idea, we are talking a 50" bust measurement and similar hip

We went to Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Rides as follows -

Universal - Rip Ride Rocket - larger seat
Hulk - larger seat although that's where I just ended up
The Mummy - normal seat fine
Gringotts - normal seat fine
Dr Doom's Fearfall - normal seat fine
Forbidden Journey - normal seat fine
Dragons - normal seat fine (bit tight on the chest though!)
Men In Black, Simpson, Minions, Jurassic Park,
Dr Seuss and anything else etc all fine

SeaWorld - Manta - normal seat fine
Kraken - normal seat fine (bit tight on the chest though!)
Mako - normal seat fine
Antlantis, Antartica etc - all fine

Busch Gardens - Cheetah - normal seat fine
Cobra's Curse - normal seat fine
Montu - normal seat fine
Sheikra - normal seat fine
Kumba - normal seat fine
Congo, Stanley falls etc all fine

I'm hoping that helps anyone else also worried and gives them a good idea on how things are. I will say that no one bats an eye if you use the test seat and when I've been previously to Disney I find their rides a bit more forgiving, but then they are also not quite as extreme as some of these. The ride attendants are great and I saw more than one person getting an extra push on a harness by them to get them on a ride. I guess they see it all the time and it's no big issue to them.

We flew American Airlines and the lap belt did up no problem at all - yet another thing I worried about!

I hope this helps ease anyones mind who's worried about it - now relax, look forward to your holiday and most importantly have a great time

Edited at 10:22 AM.
colliegirlsal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by colliegirlsal View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm posting as I spent many an anxious dibbing session looking through this thread, worrying about rides etc. Also, sadly the stress impacted slightly on the pre excitement of our holiday - never again am I going through that! So... decided to post some horribly honest facts about my size to ease anyone else worried out there.

I'm a size 20/22/24 depending on what shop I go to. For a more accurate idea, we are talking a 50" bust measurement and similar hip

Mako - normal seat fine

Montu - normal seat fine
Kumba - normal seat fine

I'm hoping that helps anyone else also worried and gives them a good idea on how things are. I will say that no one bats an eye if you use the test seat and when I've been previously to Disney I find their rides a bit more forgiving, but then they are also not quite as extreme as some of these. The ride attendants are great and I saw more than one person getting an extra push on a harness by them to get them on a ride. I guess they see it all the time and it's no big issue to them.

We flew American Airlines and the lap belt did up no problem at all - yet another thing I worried about!

I hope this helps ease anyones mind who's worried about it - now relax, look forward to your holiday and most importantly have a great time
Thank you so much for posting this. It sounds like you had a fab holiday!
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colliegirlsal View Post
Hi everyone.

Mako - normal seat fine

Montu - normal seat fine
Kumba - normal seat fine

Can I ask how tall you are?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
colliegirlsal
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Can I ask how tall you are?
5'4" just!
colliegirlsal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List