Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Aug 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

We love it. The kids really real,y loved it. We have been twice on each trip and paid OOP. Next year we are on dining plan, so we might go 3 times.
I agree if you have never been, it as a restaurant everyone should try at least once.
Old 16 Aug 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

We went last month, we were on DDP. It was very dark, a bit too dark for my liking. I had the steak and enjoyed it, would I pay OOP to eat there - no, been there done that. My 2 teens enjoyed it, my DH wasn't so impressed.

Edited at 10:55 PM.
Wozi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

All 3 of my children loved it. I liked the idea, but found it a bit like eating at those horrible melamine half hexagonal school tables.

My son loved his glow in the dark drink.#

The movies are dire and on repeat, but the retro adverts are great.

The sweet potato fries were nice, but I had the worst beer I'd ever tasted. (It was a novelty mega-strong one - just don't try it)

It apparently recently appeared on buzz feed in the list of top ten restaurants you should try before you die. My daughter felt chuffed she had ticked that box.
December 1980 I-drive August 1987 Fort Wilderness July 2001 Paris Davy Crockett December 2008 Kissimee and Bahama Bay May 2008 Paris Santa Fe June 2011 Paris Campanile February 2016 Port Orleans Disney, Universal Cabana Bay
Charlottesumx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
always wanted to try it,so gonna give it a go in Oct
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Thanks everyone for your honest opinions! We only have 4 ADR's booked for our full trip so we're not spending a fortune on Disney dining so I think we may keep it just to see what it's like and if we're not impressed we know not to bother again next year I have heard great things about the milkshakes and I am a milkshake fiend
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Not at all

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It's nice inside. Usual food though ( nuggets and burgers!)
Not just Burgers and nuggets...

Build-Your-Own Angus Burger
On a Brioche Bun, Flame-broiled Beef Patty topped with your choice of the following: Swiss, Cheddar, or American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Jalapeños, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, Bacon, Onion Rings, or Barbecue Sauce
$17.50
Chicken Pasta
Tossed in a Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce, with Artichoke Hearts, Capers, fresh Herbs, Parmesan, and Asparagus Tips. Choose between Campanelle or Whole-Grain Penne Pasta
$24.00
Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak
Topped with Garlic-Herb Butter and served with Cheesy-Horseradish Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and crispy Onion Rings
$32.00
Grilled Chicken BLT Sandwich
Served on a Warm Ciabatta Bread, Arugula, Seasonal Tomatoes, crispy Bacon, and Chili-Chive Aïoli
$15.50
Grilled Chicken Salad
Farm Fresh Greens, Seasonal Tomatoes, crispy Bacon, Roasted Corn, and Chili-Chive Ranch Dressing topped with House-made Crostini
$15.50
Grilled Marinated Salmon Salad
Farm Fresh Greens, Seasonal Tomatoes, crispy Bacon, Roasted Corn, and Chili-Chive Ranch Dressing topped with House-made Crostini
$16.50
House-smoked St. Louis-style Pork Ribs
Lightly-brushed with Barbecue Sauce served with Baked Beans and Coleslaw
$24.00
Salmon BLT Burger
Served on a Warm Ciabatta Bread, Arugula, Seasonal Tomatoes, crispy Bacon, and Chili-Chive Aïoli
$16.50
Sci-Fi Angus Burger
Topped with Pulled Pork, Sriracha Barbecue Sauce, Swiss Cheese, and Pickled Apple Slaw
$19.00
Sci-Fi Seasonal Specialty Burger
Please ask your Car Hop for Details
$19.00
Shrimp Pasta
Tossed in a Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce, with Artichoke Hearts, Capers, fresh Herbs, Parmesan, and Asparagus Tips. Choose between Campanelle or Whole-Grain Penne Pasta
$25.00
Smoked Turkey Sandwich
On Fresh-baked Multigrain Roll, Smoked Turkey, Hickory-smoked Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with Avocado Mayonnaise
$14.00
Southwest Vegetarian Burger
Black Bean and Vegetable Patty topped with a warm House-made Tomato Jam, Arugula, fresh Tomatoes, and Avocado Mayonnaise on a Toasted Bun with choice of Cucumber Salad or Sweet Potato Fries
$14.00
The Reuben
Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, and Thousand Island Dressing on Marble Rye Bread served with Pickle Spear and choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries
$15.00
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
with fresh Vegetables, Black Beans, and Chipotle Peppers blended to replicate the Pie Mom used to make, topped with Mashed Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
$15.00

Go and enjoy your selves its great!

Robberiffic
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Can't wait to go, first time this year and looking forward to it.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Its my favourite restaurant on the whole of Disney, I've been so many times I can talk along with the movie clips and know which one is next! It's like Soarin' and Marmite, you either love it or hate it I think.
I love the burgers but the milkshakes are disgusting and undrinkable - so there you are, we're all different
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

We went last year and absolutely loved it. We went on a whim at lunch time and manged to get a table. Yes it is dark in there but the atmosphere is great and it is supposed to be night time so it is bound to be dark. I had the turkey and avocado sandwich which was so yummy and my boyfriend had the Sci-fi angus burger with the pulled pork on it and declared it the best burger he has ever tasted. I think if it isn't on the menu when we go back (hopefully in two years) he will be gutted! Anyway, we loved it and are dying to go back. I still drink out of my glow in the dark souvenir cup to take me back
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
looblylou
Earning More Ears

We go every trip - I love it! Once your eyes get used to the dark you can see just fine and the food is very cheap for a TS restaurant. In fact, we pay OOP and dont use the dining plan credits usually - but then my OH likes to just have a starter & I have a sandwich or a burger so the bill is quite low.

I love the cheesy cartoons & adverts on the big screen while we eat, its fab!

I like the prime time cafe in HS as well - they have good milkshakes too! I cant seem to work in both of them into this year's itinerary and so Sci-Fi won for me when I had to choose.
looblylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread