Old 20 Apr 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
NYC, LA & Vegas - 11 nights of FOOD! April / May 2017

My main trippy completed so here's a quick round up of the food we ate! There were 3 travelers on this trip, me, Hubby & Mother in Law. I was pregnant on this trip which explains the lack of cocktails on my part!

Pre Travel Day Las Iguanas @ The Trafford center

My favourite spot for a pre holiday meal! We shared the cheese balls, I then had the beef burrito, Laura had 2 planks, one beetroot & haloumi & one coconut butternut squash. Aaron had a curry.

Airport Breakfast @ The Grain Loft

Just me hungry enough for a full English, it was really good actually. Piping hot and tasty!

Plane Journey

We flew Thomas Cook & the food looked appalling, I thankfully had taken a sandwich on board so enjoyed that. Thank God for Pret!

Shake Shack @ Madison Square Park

A favourite of ours, this was just a quick snack before dinner

I resisted, Aaron had a Smoke Stack burger & a beer, Laura had some fries & a thick shake! Yummy as always.

Juniors Cheesecake @ Times Square

Another favourite from previous trips! I couldn't wait to get my chops around their famous club sandwich! It didn't disappoint. Aaron had the chicken parm, Laura had some tenders & onion rings.

Duncan Donuts

Breakfast morning one consisted of a twisted cheese bagel & some glazed donuts!

Grand Central Food Court Deli

We grabbed lunch at GCS, I had a caprese sandwich, Aaron had chilli chicken & Laura had a pretzel.

Dylans Candy Store

We did have some hot wings here but I forgot to take a photo! Just the cocktails to show. Laura had a couple of Toasted Marshmallow ones. Aaron had a couple of Old Fashioned

Heartlands Brewery @ Empire State Building

Another old favourite. I went for fish tacos, Laura had a chicken burger and Aaron had the buttermilk chicken platter. All really lovely as usual.

Battery Park Nuts

Some absolutely yummy candied nuts from a food cart!

Los Tacos No 1 @ Chelsea Markets

We met up with our friend Jon for the Chelsea markets, we all enjoyed some of the tacos from here, so tasty & fresh!

Root N Bone

A southern food place, really cute & good service. Me, Aaron & Jon had the fried chicken & waffles. Laura had the open sweet potato & goats cheese sandwich. Unfortunately, the chicken wasn't quite done enough for me, if I wasn't pregnant it would have been fine but I was being over cautious with what I ate, Thankfully I had added bacon to my meal & it came with 4 really thick yummy pieces so I enjoyed those with the waffles.

Big Gay Ice Cream

We all enjoyed the ice cream here, me, Aaron and Jon had the salted pimp, Laura had the rocky road. They all come dipped in melted chocolate! So good.

Local Bar @ Penn Station

Just drinks and a snack here, spinach & artichoke dip! Lovely

Buffalo Wild Wings @ Times Square

Really good food as usual here, the service was a bit lacklustre & we were all at that point of the holiday where the jet lag caught up I think!

I had the buffalo chicken ranch burger, Aaron had a chicken salad & Laura had a fried chicken burger. I also swapped my side for their amazing cheese curds! Drool. This was also the first place we found that offered strawberry lemonade!

Duncan Donuts

Just another cheese twist bagel

Lucy's Asian Kitchen @ JFK

Orange chicken! I repeat, orange chicken, yes Aaron had the beef & broccoli but the portions were so huge he got to share mine and Lauras chicken too. we also grabbed spring rolls for good measure. So.Much.Food!

JD Schmitds Brewery - Anaheim

Laura was too tired to come out tonight so it was just me and Aaron. We had enjoyed this place before & Aaron was keen to go back. We had great service & the food was good too.

Chicken Parm for me & a burger for Aaron, beer too of course.

Breakfast @ Ayres Anahiem

The hotel breakfast here is actually ideal, not overkill but enough to fill you up. They offer bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, pancakes cooked to order bacon or sausage, eggs & potatoes.

Snacks @ Disneyland

An M&M Mickey head & a chocolate strawberry (eaten before my photo, tut )!

Uva bar & cafe @ DTD

We just stopped here for a drink & a snack.

Margarita for Aaron, Sprite for Laura & water for me. I then ordered some chicken wings. Unfortunately they weren’t cooked so I had to send them back, this wasn’t just me being pregnant fussy either, they were pink with pink juice running out & all the fat was still in place an not rendered down at all, eeew. Thankfully they were taken off the bill.

Hagan Daas @ DTD

Laura had a toasted marshmallow ice cream & Aaron had a fro yo with fresh fruit.

Tortilla Joes @ DTD

Here we had a D.Coke, Sprite & beer. All three of us then went for burritos, me beef, Laura Chicken and Aaron the steak fajita version. I really liked mine but the other two thought they were a bit bland. If you compare them to the Los Tacos we had in NYC I guess they were but I just love Mexican food with big dollops of sour cream & guac!

Kitchen Broiler @ Orange Outlets

We had a lovely lunch here. We got given amazing sourdough to start with. Me and Aaron then each had the burger while Laura had a lettuce wedge salad, changing the cheese & dressing for other options. It was all amazing, we also had soft drinks but these got missed off the bill. We did tell the waiter as he had been lovely but he said not to worry about it! Bonus.

Food & Wine festival @ Disneys Californian Adventure

I had the cheese & beer soup in a mini Boudins bowl, $6, Aaron had the Wagu beef with polenta, $7.50. He was given about a teaspoon of beef so complained & got more, so not what was photographed, cheeky Disney!

Hotel Breakfast again

I had a hot plate, half a bagel & some fruit.

The others had pancakes with bacon, all good!

Wetzles Pretzels @ Santa Monica Pier

Laura and Aaron grabbed a pretzel and drink.

Yard House @ Long Beach

We had a great meal here. I ordered the cheese curds as a starter, I then went for the chicken penne with a side salad, Laura had the buttermilk chicken burger and added the French onion soup as a side, Aaron had orange peel chicken. It was all great except the cheese curds came after the main meals. They were taken off the bill and it was a shame because they got wasted as we were too full by the time they arrived.

Starbucks @ Hilton Long Beach

A quick breakfats at the hotel before we hit the road to Vegas!
I had a bagel, some fruit and a banana, Aaron had a breakfast burrito and Laura had a muffin, $25.

Pub 1848 @ MGM Grand

Another great meal. I was absolutely ravenous having not eaten since breakfast so we decided on a starter! Nachos! I then had the bacon burger, Aaron had the chicken burger and Laura had the fish and chips.

Stolen pics...

Cheesecake Factory @ Caesars palace!

Another good meal here. Me and Laura both had Strawberry Lemonade, Aaron had a D.Coke. I had the lunch size Louisiana chicken pasta & a side salad, Aaron had a steak dish & Laura had the orange chicken.

French Cafe @ Paris

A quick treat here, cherry tart for me & chocolate strawberry for Laura.

Ice Cream @ North Outlets

I'm not sure on the name of the place but Laura grabbed an ice cream here, so pretty!

Nine Fine Irishmen @ NYNY Hotel

Me & Aaron just shared some hot wings here. Laura ordered herself a dessert, kind of like a tiramisu.

Quick grab breakfast @: NYNY hotel

Cronut & donut!

Blitz Frozen Yogurt @ Mirage Hotel

Every topping imaginable including warm liquid marshmallow! Hello .

Panda Express @ Venetian Food Court

We didn't plan this one but we were forced to walk past & the al;lure was too strong! Me and Aaron shared a plate of sweetfire chicken, beef & broccoli and white rice. Laura got herself some spring rolls.

Millers Ale House @ Times Square Las Vegas

Our all time favourite! I had a D.Coke, Aaron had a Miller Lite and Laura had a Sprite. Food wise, I had the zinger mountain melt with an added salad to come first, Aaron had the Cajun Chicken pasta and took the same salad deal. Laura had the chicken parm & added a French onion soup to come as a starter.

All the food was amazing! I just love this place!

Bellagio Buffet

I had some MyVegas vouchers for this. One full lunch voucher & one BOGOF vouchers. We had to pay $25.99 for the third lunch.

The food was lovely, lots on offer. Soups, bread, salads, carvery, veg, cheese, pizza, pasta, desserts, ice cream ect..

We all had a few plates, it was lovely to fill up on the fresh salads, so yum! I was only annoyed I couldn’t have the rare beef, Aaron said it was delicious!

Margaritaville @ The Flamingo

Just a couple of cocktails for Aaron, I was so envious!

Shake Shack @ NYNY Hotel

Just a quick late night snack for me and Aaron

I grabbed a shake stack & a milkshake, Aaron had the double smoke stack and a D.Coke.

Carl's Jr @ Vegas airport

Aaron and I both got a chicken burger meal, Laura got chicken tenders and onions rings. We had to wait a good 15 minutes for the food but it was lovely & fresh when it did come.

And that finishes off the food report!

Thanks for reading x

Edited at 03:50 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Wow. That's got to be a new world record for starting & finishing a food report.

I had already seen everything you ate because I've been reading your trippie at home when OH has gone to bed (haven't commented because my ipad is playing up) but nice to see it all again in one place.

Love that you sneaked in a Millers & Yard House.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Wow. That's got to be a new world record for starting & finishing a food report.

I had already seen everything you ate because I've been reading your trippie at home when OH has gone to bed (haven't commented because my ipad is playing up) but nice to see it all again in one place.

Love that you sneaked in a Millers & Yard House.
Its super easy now all the photos stay loaded on the site!

Thanks for reading along x
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Its super easy now all the photos stay loaded on the site!

Thanks for reading along x
Might have to reconsider using Photobucket!

Sounded like a fantastic trip (bar a meal dodgy meal times with the MIL lol). I hope to make it to the West Coast one day.

Looking forward to your next trip & hopefully baby updates.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Might have to reconsider using Photobucket!

Sounded like a fantastic trip (bar a meal dodgy meal times with the MIL lol). I hope to make it to the West Coast one day.

Looking forward to your next trip & hopefully baby updates.
West Coast is great but my heart lies in Florida

I love Photobucket but I had so many folders I kept having to set up new accounts. When they made it so easy on here to add them in I couldn't resist.
Old 20 Apr 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
louikane
VIP Dibber

louikane's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great report as always 👍🏻
2017 Sunset Lakes
2019 Emerald Island
2023 Emerald Island
2024 OKW
louikane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report, thanks for sharing
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Omg so many amazing meals.wow you made me so hungry😢 as for the marshmallow cocktail❤️❤️❤️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Some great food for you alllooks like you had a great holiday

Joan
Old 21 Apr 17, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by louikane View Post
Great report as always 👍🏻
Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing
Thanks

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Omg so many amazing meals.wow you made me so hungry😢 as for the marshmallow cocktail❤️❤️❤️
Yes, I was slightly jealous of that one! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Some great food for you alllooks like you had a great holiday

Joan
We did have some fab food! Thanks for reading