Old 7 Jan 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lovely wings yummy!

I'm glad you are putting in the photos of decorations, I like seeing all the Christmas trees. A shame but the weather, I hope it didn't affect your day too much.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Following along I love a good food report! Yum!

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

7th December: Epcot and Longhorns

Disclaimer: There are a lot of Christmas pictures today, sorry if you are just here for the food!

Today we were finally getting to Epcot… I was so excited, new Soarin (the old one was my favourite ride in the whole of Disneyworld!) and the new Frozen ride (I am a little obsessed with Frozen… don’t ask me how many times I watched it in the cinema ). To manage to do both of these in a day I had got a Frozen fast pass and we were going to rope drop Soarin, so had to drag the bf out of bed.

We had a quick breakfast in the food court, but did not buy any food this time, instead we used the toasters to heat up some pop tarts and used our refillable mugs for drinks. I felt a bit bad doing this as we had not bought the food from the food court, but it was so much cheaper (these are the pop tarts we bought in Walmart), and I guess we did buy our refillable mug there at least! Anyway, this was a good quick snack to start the day and I discovered a new favourite pop tart flavour, cookies and cream, yum!

Off to Epcot – no photos on the way in as we were power walking to Soarin. We rode Soarin 3 times in a row (no wait at all for the first two, and maybe 5/ 10 minutes for the third! I really liked it, but I miss the original. Would like to see the original on the new high quality screens, I think it would be amazing! A few more rides and then a trip into Club Cool on the way to world showcase – I think the bf drank a bit of everything (he doesn’t even hate the Beverly which was a sad moment for me last trip as I was all ready to laugh at him!). I drank a lot of the pineapple fanta, love that stuff! Then onto World Showcase, heading towards France for some lunch. World Showcase was so beautiful decorated for Christmas!

We went to the French bakery for lunch, as we both love this place so much! Although finding a table there is not such a fun experience. Luckily, we managed it as I pounced on a table just as he was paying. I had a ham and cheese croissant ($4.75) and a duo au chocolat ($5.75). He had a turkey BLT ($8.50) and a fruit parfait ($4.75). We both had ice water to drink.

We really enjoyed this meal. I loved the croissant and I always get it as I can’t imagine getting anything else! I chose the duo for dessert as last time we were on the dining plan and it didn’t count as a snack credit so I hadn’t got it and I wanted to try. It was nice, but I think I prefer the chocolate mousse. He really enjoyed his meal, although I did tease him for going to a French bakery and ordering a very British/ American sounding BLT. The whole meal cost $25.30 (inc tax).

After lunch the bf got himself a frozen cappuccino from a Joffery’s stand ($5.75) and then we wandered round World Showcase enjoying the decorations and the various holiday shows in the different countries.

At some point we also did the Frozen ride - I loved it! The bf thought it was fine. However, we were in the front row and somehow got soaked! I had to empty out my bag (which had been sat on the floor and dry out the contents in the sun!)

World Showcase was so beautiful and I loved hearing about the different festive traditions. Epcot became one of my favourite parks this trip.

After completing our loop we sat and watched the performers up on the stage whilst enjoying a holiday peppermint sundae each from the Promenade refreshment stand ($10.63 inc tax). This was chocolate soft serve ice cream, with cream and crushed candy cane on top. This was delicious and I asked for extra candy cane on top, which they happily did for me.

This was actually one of the highlights of my holiday – we were sat in the gorgeous sunshine, eating some delicious food, listening to Christmas music in the happiest place on earth – I couldn’t help grinning away to myself like a lunatic!

After this we headed back through World Showcase – pausing to watch the amazing Christmas singers in Canada

And then out of the international gateway as we were heading to Hollywood Studios. We stopped off in the Beach Club to see the amazing gingerbread carousel

And then Yacht Club to see their impressive Christmas displays

We then carried on round to Hollywood Studios to watch Jingle Bells Jingle Bam. This was OK, but neither of us loved it. It was also quite difficult to see everything if you are short… the Bf is 6 foot 3, so was fine! I did enjoy the snow though!

After this we headed out for some dinner and went to another one we had seen talked about on the Dibb – Longhorns. Wow, we loved this place! We both had a strawberry lemonage to drink ($3.49 each) – I had definitely transferred my strawberry lemonade addiction to the bf by this point! We had a voucher for a free starter, so we had the taster plate that had cheese curds, spicy sausage and dill pickles. We enjoyed this – the cheese curds were good, but not as good as Buffalo Wild Wings, and I left the pickles to the bf. I forgot to take a picture as we were so hungry by this point, sorry! We were also brought some bread, but neither of us ate much of this. For mains, I had the 8oz sirlon for a baked sweet potato which came with butter and cinnamon and I declined the salad so they offered me some broccoli instead, which I happily accepted. This was $15.49. Omg, this was so delicious! Best steak I have ever eaten and the sweet potato was amazing!

He had the 12oz ribeye with fries and a ceaser salad ($20.49). He also declared it the best steak he had ever eaten.

This meal cost us $54.10 (including tax and tip) so not a cheap meal, but for the amount and quality of the food we ate we were happy. It was delicious and we definitely hope to go back one day.

Total food spends today: $95.42 (including tax and tips) – this was quite an expensive day, but we did eat a fair bit and Longhorns was worth every penny!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Lovely wings yummy!

I'm glad you are putting in the photos of decorations, I like seeing all the Christmas trees. A shame but the weather, I hope it didn't affect your day too much.
I have just put up another update - there are a lot of decoration pictures for you to enjoy! That was the worst weather day for us, and the only day it really rained (so I didn't get to use the new expensive Disney poncho I purchased! ) - so we were very lucky with the weather overall and definitely can't complain

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
Following along I love a good food report! Yum!
Thanks for reading!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Really enjoying reading! Looking forward to more

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetchunks
Getting Excited

Enjoying reading your report. Going to have to try Buffalo Wild Wings in July, it looks yummy!
sweetchunks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Loving your report - food and Christmas decorations!

Looking forward to more!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
amy1511
Imagineer

amy1511's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Great trippie so far. looking forward to more, and have added buffalo wild wings to our list :-)
amy1511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loving this so far - all the Christmas trees look amazing! And Buffalo Wild Wings is top of my list for our next trip
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your report - food and Christmas what could be better

What dates did you go?

That drink you had in the sunshine watching he singers looks amazing! And I seriously need to look into cheese curds
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List