Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 May 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

Gone a bit cruise crazy!

We did our first cruise in 2017 sailing on Harmony of the Seas to the Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale.

We have booked a mini cruise to Bruges with P&O for mid-December this year. This was booked well before the Covid 19 outbreak.

Since the outbreak we have booked another 2 cruises.

Nov 2021 with RC from New York to the Bahamas and Jan 2021 from Dubai with P&O.

I know its a bit of a risk booking with all the uncertainty around but they prices seem too good to miss.

Has anyone done the New York and Dubai routes?
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by oateyboy View Post
We did our first cruise in 2017 sailing on Harmony of the Seas to the Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale.

We have booked a mini cruise to Bruges with P&O for mid-December this year. This was booked well before the Covid 19 outbreak.

Since the outbreak we have booked another 2 cruises.

Nov 2021 with RC from New York to the Bahamas and Jan 2021 from Dubai with P&O.

I know its a bit of a risk booking with all the uncertainty around but they prices seem too good to miss.

Has anyone done the New York and Dubai routes?
Don’t worry, you’re not crazy - it’s perfectly normal, we have four cruises booked!😂🤣
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Sailed out of New York to Bermuda in August last year for 7 nights on Norwegian.
We spent just the one night in Manhattan because we went to Niagara Falls beforehand then Cape Cod etc. afterwards.
The hotel we booked in Manhattan was just a few minutes walk from the cruise port.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

We have just booked Singapore to Australia for dec 2021, looking forward to trying new ports
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

I just paid off the balance of my MSC Grandiosa Mini Cruise in November, and am already planning to add the following 3 day cruise on it to make it a B2B. I'm also looking at an Ester cruise with MSC for next April, as have seen quite a few bargains for that period also.

Once I've decided, I will go ahead and book for sure.

Would like to do a mini Cruise with P&O to test them out, but would only really consider Iona or Britannia, the rest of their ships seem a bit tired to me.

Edited at 07:31 PM.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hahah! You sound like us!

Our first cruise was quite recently really - in spring 2017, out of Miami around the Caribbean - hooked!

We went on to do 7 more in quick succession since on various cruise lines - we have our next one booked for next March, again Caribbean Islands we haven't been to yet. Pretty sure we would have by now booked another for later in 2021.

One thing is for sure - It's another addictive and expensive hobby to have!

Edit to add, not done New York on a cruise but we have done Dubai. We had an overnight on the ship in Dubai which was great as a base (Our cruise ended in Dubai and we'd sailed there from Singapore, re Middle East ports/routes we also stopped in Oman before Dubai).

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

We did our first cruise last year and loved it!

Originally Posted by abbiev View Post
We have just booked Singapore to Australia for dec 2021, looking forward to trying new ports
This would be my DREAM cruise! Was it booked through a UK website?
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had 3 booked, down to 1 now.

Some good prices around now so no, you aren’t mad.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by TravelaruaL View Post
We did our first cruise last year and loved it!

This would be my DREAM cruise! Was it booked through a UK website?
We booked it through Norwegian cruises but the USA site as it was cheaper, we have also used vacations to go for other cruises as they are American and have great prices
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by abbiev View Post
We booked it through Norwegian cruises but the USA site as it was cheaper, we have also used vacations to go for other cruises as they are American and have great prices
Thanks for the tip! All these amazing cruises will have to stay a dream for now as none go in any school hols (teacher )
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List