Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jul 20, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
If it helps at all I kept (nearly) full records of our QSDP "spending" in November. As adults we ended up spending an average of $21.71 per QS meal and $6.22 per snack including tax.

We usually picked the more expensive items on the menu, not for the sake of it but because we liked the food. The vast majority of the meals did not include alcohol, but non-alcoholic specialty drinks if available, or fountain drinks/water if there wasn't a specialty drink we liked. We never left food on the table so to speak, so if we didn't fancy a drink at the time we got a bottle of something to go. When eating at a resort we used our refillable mugs and got a snack instead of the drink included on the plan. So we certainly "spent" more than we would have without the QSDP.

The most expensive QS meal was Be Our Guest breakfast at $42.60 per person including tax (one of the exceptions where we did have a mimosa). Not counting credits spent on snacks on checkout day (you likely wouldn't buy these OOP) the cheapest QS credit was $13.50 for 3 items at the Hawaii booth at Food & Wine. If you only drink free water or bring your own then QS meals should average out to about $16 or so, even if you sometimes pick the most expensive item on the menu (e.g. ribs at the Polite Pig).

The most expensive snack was $10.65 for Caramel-Apple popcorn in Canada during Food & Wine and the cheapest snack was a Pongu Lumpia in Pandora in AK for $3.51. I would say our average of $6.22 is fairly representative of what you would spend on a typical snack. The Pongu Lumpia is exceptionally cheap by Disney standards.

If you're planning to buy what you like without looking at the price then I would budget about $2-3 more for QS meals and $1-1.50 more per snack for 2021 compared to my averages for 2019.
If you think paying OOP will make you more budget conscious then $21.71 and $6.22 may already be too high for you. When on a super low budget trip by myself I only spent $15-25 on food on a park day, so it can be done if you look for cheap meals and only eat when you're hungry.

If you really want to or have to make $50/day work then it's certainly possible, but it very much depends on how you plan to eat. If you want to indulge in everything that looks appealing without looking at the price then it might be a little low, but if you're sensible and weigh your options then it shouldn't be a problem imo.
So buying a QS meal not using the dining plan still includes a drink?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
No you have to buy separately
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So will $50 per day pay for 2 meals, snacks & drinks? Or is that too little? Don't want to budget too little.
Originally Posted by teachx View Post
From a personal point of view, as a single traveller, before I took a dining plan, I used to budget $75 a day. Some days didn't spend that and simply added it to the following day's total.
@aprilshack

Exactly what teachx says. I tend to budget $75 a day and that then covers it (although I probably do 2 meals a snack and drinks rather than 2 snacks most days. You can use menus like those on allears.net to work out roughly what you might be spending if that helps.

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
If it helps at all I kept (nearly) full records of our QSDP "spending" in November. As adults we ended up spending an average of $21.71 per QS meal and $6.22 per snack including tax.

We usually picked the more expensive items on the menu, not for the sake of it but because we liked the food. The vast majority of the meals did not include alcohol, but non-alcoholic specialty drinks if available, or fountain drinks/water if there wasn't a specialty drink we liked. We never left food on the table so to speak, so if we didn't fancy a drink at the time we got a bottle of something to go. When eating at a resort we used our refillable mugs and got a snack instead of the drink included on the plan. So we certainly "spent" more than we would have without the QSDP.

The most expensive QS meal was Be Our Guest breakfast at $42.60 per person including tax (one of the exceptions where we did have a mimosa). Not counting credits spent on snacks on checkout day (you likely wouldn't buy these OOP) the cheapest QS credit was $13.50 for 3 items at the Hawaii booth at Food & Wine. If you only drink free water or bring your own then QS meals should average out to about $16 or so, even if you sometimes pick the most expensive item on the menu (e.g. ribs at the Polite Pig).

The most expensive snack was $10.65 for Caramel-Apple popcorn in Canada during Food & Wine and the cheapest snack was a Pongu Lumpia in Pandora in AK for $3.51. I would say our average of $6.22 is fairly representative of what you would spend on a typical snack. The Pongu Lumpia is exceptionally cheap by Disney standards.

If you're planning to buy what you like without looking at the price then I would budget about $2-3 more for QS meals and $1-1.50 more per snack for 2021 compared to my averages for 2019.
If you think paying OOP will make you more budget conscious then $21.71 and $6.22 may already be too high for you. When on a super low budget trip by myself I only spent $15-25 on food on a park day, so it can be done if you look for cheap meals and only eat when you're hungry.

If you really want to or have to make $50/day work then it's certainly possible, but it very much depends on how you plan to eat. If you want to indulge in everything that looks appealing without looking at the price then it might be a little low, but if you're sensible and weigh your options then it shouldn't be a problem imo.
Great info!

Not generally although some of the packages or more expensive meals do - for example the Burger & Sundae's meal at Restaurantosarus does and the Be Our Guest Breakfast (Although this is gone now I believe).
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

My paid dining is still showing on my manage my booking but cannot see it on my MDE so assuming its gone

Does anyone know if I am able to roll it to 2022 - and then add free dining if it comes?

I have only paid the deposit on it so far so not the end of the world, massively frustrating though
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Wondering if Disney are looking at the infection rate in Florida right now and are being REALLY cautious. Or are they coming up with something new? Hopefully if it is still capacity based next year, those with a cancelled DP will get first dibs.

I'm wondering why cancel DDP's for after September 26th as I am assuming only a small amount of
bookings they will have will be from the UK? So why cancel those even though they may be on limited park capacity? Qsdp locations will still be used? Am I missing something?

Edited at 09:52 AM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

With the exception of a handful of "package" QS meals, no, drinks are not included without a dining plan. That's why I wrote that $21.71 was our average for a meal including a (mostly non-alcoholic) drink, but if you don't buy drinks then it would probably average out to about $16 per meal.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

I got an email from WDTC yesterday saying my paid DDP for May 2021 was still valid currently

I wish it would just be a decision one way or the other, so many people being told different things currently
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreaming_
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Mine has now been removed from my Disney experience for September 2021
Disneydreaming_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by trfc2019 View Post
I got an email from WDTC yesterday saying my paid DDP for May 2021 was still valid currently

I wish it would just be a decision one way or the other, so many people being told different things currently
I wouldn't listen to them tbh. There is so much conflicting info about a lot of things recently.
Old 5 Jul 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Dad Vader
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Ours is still showing on MDE and MMB

Dad Vader is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List