Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Sep 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
I've always loved gin and tonic but I'm not a huge fan of the flavoured gins which are fashionable now as they all taste too sweet to me. The reason I like a G&T in the first place is that bitter taste. The one exception though is the Sipsmith Lemon Drizzle gin which is amazing. Not taste a parma violet gin but if its anything like the sweets, I'll give it a miss.

Debra
Strangely I don't have a sweet tooth (apart from chocolate) and I don't like the modern version of pink gin! Lemon drizzle sounds amazing tho.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Rhubarb gin with ginger ale is lush!
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I've never been a gin drinker but like the sound of some of these new gin's but don't have a clue what I am meant to mix it with or are they meant to be drunk neat?
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I've never been a gin drinker but like the sound of some of these new gin's but don't have a clue what I am meant to mix it with or are they meant to be drunk neat?
Don’t think you could drink it neat. Fever tree tonic and lots of ice. Slice of lemon or lime, a few strawberries or raspberries- to keep it healthy !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whitley neal rhubarb gin with fever tree elderflower tonic is the best!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'm late to the gin party but trying lots purely for research of course. Love Gin Mare and Edinburgh rhubarb & ginger either with tonic or ginger ale. Picked a bottle of Asdas own Rhubarb & ginger £12 that's very nice. Just started off my sloe gin for Christmas too.

I also think Aldi Cromwell gin and tonic is pretty good with a big wedge of pink grapefruit.

Edited at 08:13 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Rhubarb and ginger gin with elderflower tonic with ice, lovely
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
Don’t know about Parma Violet gin, but Boe’s Violet Gin is wonderful!
Yes love this!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I'm late to the gin party but trying lots purely for research of course. Love Gin Mare and Edinburgh rhubarb & ginger either with tonic or ginger ale. Picked a bottle of Asdas own Rhubarb & ginger £12 that's very nice. Just started off my sloe gin for Christmas too.

I also think Aldi Cromwell gin and tonic is pretty good with a big wedge of pink grapefruit.
Thats actually a gin liqueur rather than a gin hence the 20% volume instead of the 43%, edinburgh gin do a few flavoured liquors also lots of people like these because theyre more sugary and stronger tasting.

JJ Whitney and whitney neill (same bloke in both companies) do a fantastic Violet gin and a Raspberry one, i prefer tanquarray sevilla to whitney neills blood orange.

We sell a large range of gins in our lil club. (10 last time i looked which isnt bad for a small place) Theyre huge at the moment.

JJ Whitney do a fantastic rhubarb vodka.
Old 2 Sep 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post

This is so nice with just ice.