Notices

Old 10 Sep 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

**Update**

So it's student loan day which means only one thing ... pay off the balances!

I've just paid off our Universal tickets and the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel for our stay. That's everything all paid for, now to save spends! An accurate representation of me this morning, much to the children's horror

Off to the metro today to get the last little bits and bobs for holiday pakcing. This weekend I will get the cases out and check everyone has everything then I want to pack them so they're all ready to go.

47 days and counting!
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow you are doing well! I still have a long list of things I need to get! Must get organised lol! This weekend the plan is to go through the summer clothes and work out what we have/need
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Amazing news! Thank the lord for student loans!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

It's a great feeling when it's all paid for. It finally feels real...well more real.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy days😁
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** Update - 22.09.18 **

34 days to go!

Thought I'd do a little update as this week is the week we get assignments, meaning I probably won't be on as much. I know I have 2 assignments to complete before we go as one is due the week we go and the other 2 days after we come back ... not sure I'll be over jet lag enough to concentrate on that one!

So last Saturday I spent the day going through the cases and sorting everything out. Apart from putting the rest of Noah's clothes plus everyone's underwear in we're sorted!

After the arguments with Mr Grump about #suitcasegate last weekend he questioned why we only had 2 cases and suggested that we needed 3

Still waiting on the tops and spends bags from my friend, but hopefully won't be much longer before they arrive.

Today we've emptied the kid's money boxes and I've just ordered their dollars (plus some for us). We will mainly be using the Revolut card and I've already got about $260 on the card but will top the rest up before we go. I intend to pay the balance off with any remaining dollars the night before we leave then pop the rest on the card.

I've just brought down the Florida folder so I can check we have all the confirmations printed off.

Had a bit of a dilema with Alamo last week. I logged in to check our account and it stated that there would be a $52.11 charge when we collect the car. I contacted them and this was apparently for car seat hire (which we've already paid for). It was then escalated and I was told it was an error and that nothing was due when we arrive. Hope we don't have problems collecting the car!

Also having a bit of a problem with our Universal tickets. We ordered from American Attractions. I paid them off on the 10th and received an email stating they had been dispatched. I realised on Monday that we hadn't received them. Contact AA and they said they had tried to deliver on the 12th but no one was home. I explained no one is home Tuesday-Thursday and she rearranged delivery for yesterday. I waited in all day and nothing came. I checked the tracking site (DX Delivery) and it stated that the package was 'Out on the road'. I phoned AA at 8pm and she said it had been returned to depot but she wasn't sure why and that they can't speak to them till Monday as they're closed till then. I know we'll get them eventually but it's just very frustrating when I had to cancel appointments yesterday to make sure I wasn't going to miss them Hopefully this will all be resolved on Monday.

This afternoon I'm going to print off our itinerary and laminate it. It's just a mini A5 size one that I can keep in my bag each day

Think that's about it for updates for now! Can't believe just how close it's actually getting now! X

Edited at 12:27 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow not long to go now😁
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What on Earth are we going to do when it’s over!?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
What on Earth are we going to do when it’s over!?
🤔 I wondered that too! So I booked again for next year! 😂 I figured that would be the best thing to do, as I knew I’d be lost without all this planning! 😁

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Sadly I'm sure I'll have plenty of assignments to keep me busy

I'm trying to persuade Mr Grump to book again for next year, especially with the crazy June Virgin prices at the minute (£1100 for all 5 of us flights next June for 10 days!) but he's not having any of it right now xx