Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile Used a travel agent today for first time in years !

And it wasn’t a good experience ! Did it online for next year for Kefalonia, booked everything including extra luggage and put in payment to pay by direct debit . Got an email to say my direct debit was set up but no confirmation. Just rang up to ask why and the lady first said there was a problem with the website concerning direct debits . I replied I had that confirmed so she then also said there’s also a problem with the website saying accommodation is available when it’s not and yes that is what’s happened in my case ! So annoying and I will be going back to DIY in future !
Old 6 Oct 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Do you mean you booked a package online?

I see why some people book things separately (DIY) and why some people choose to book things as a package - whether in store or online.

But I think this particular issue could’ve happened with any online supplier. Whether booked separately or as a package.

Hope you get sorted.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear that your TA experience wasn't good.

Does this mean that you don't have a holiday booked, or that you are going to kefalonia but not the accommodation you wanted?

We went to kef this year. It was lovely as usual. Really relaxing and just so different to an Orlando based holiday.

However you get there I am sure you will have fab time.

In terms of TAs. I haven't been in to book in a TA for years. On Friday I wandered in to see what was about - and they were so disinterested I wandered out again. This was a chain rather than an independent though. If you are going to entice people away from DIY or online packages you really have to offer excellent personal service. I agree with the pp that accom/it probs hit anyone but saying hello to a customer doesn't hurt!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think there are travel agents and there are travel agents! We book through Jorden at travel planners and she is consistently excellent, I have recommended her to loads of people and they have all been amazed at the service and savings

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Totally agree. We first booked with Co-Op Travel in 2004 and the service was excellent! The TA was lovely and really sold us our Florida holiday (we went in to book Spain lol). customer service was top priority and all the Ladies in there were fab - we used them again in 2006. Our next return was 2010 and home internet had well and truly kicked in by then so have done DIY ever since. We have walked into numerous TA sores over the years and the Customer service has always been terrible! (The shop we used in our earlier trips has closed now). As pp says, I don't understand because you'd think they'd be trying to get the diy bookers to revert back to TA bookings by upping the customer service style in some way ... Very strange!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
I think there are travel agents and there are travel agents! We book through Jorden at travel planners and she is consistently excellent, I have recommended her to loads of people and they have all been amazed at the service and savings
Thank you. It is always good to have personal recommendations.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List