Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile Norwegian Air - tell me your experiences

Was shocked at how much money we could save flying from London (not near we usually fly VA from Manchester) when I had a look last night. Direct flights. What do those who have flown this route think? DH is against it but for a well over 1k saving I am seriously wondering why we wouldn’t. Apart from the drive home...
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

LGW to MCO?

We did this last year with no problems. Flight was delayed both ways (tech outbound and weather inbound) but we were updated and kept informed as much as possible.

Flight was very comfortable. Food good (we had the luggage/seat booking/food package). Entertainment was limited but we all managed to pass the time in both directions. We were on a Dreamliner which was lovely, can’t really comment on jet lag re’ the Dreamliner as we caught the train home rather than drive so all were less tired and none of us random napped so we just went to bed at bedtime and were fine. We ordered some food/drinks on board which were brought promptly however loads and loads of the menu was out of stock and the hot drinks barely half a cup which was very disappointing.

Overall, I’d happily fly with them again but the continued rumours about their financial stability do make me nervous.
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Just flown here with them using hifly, no issues.
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We flew home with them 3 years ago on their Dreamliner. It was a great flight and IMO far superior and comfier than our recent Virgin flight.
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I flew them last September and again this May. Overall I really rate them. The Dreamliner really make you realise how dated the BA and VS planes to Florida are.
We are not flying with them this month (hurricanes permitting) and I shall miss the nicer plane.
I do wish they had online check in though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Just flown here with them using hifly, no issues.
Good to hear - I had booked norwegian on friends recommendations who have done multiple trips UK to US with them, so was a bit frustrated when it got switched to Hi Fly. How was the entertainment? I've heard mixed things on the movies offered.
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniemagoo
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
LGW to MCO?

Overall, I’d happily fly with them again but the continued rumours about their financial stability do make me nervous.
Yeah, they've just withdrawn all transatlantic flights from Ireland, wouldn't trust what their schedule would be next year.
Our family trips, May 2010,Oct 2017
Last trip 2005
Minniemagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Have flown with them to New York previously. Very Impressed, flights on time, good food had little interaction with the crew as you could order everything on your screen. Pretty much a brand new dreamliner also.

Just a little tip, if you are looking at flying with them to Orlando and you end up on a Hi Fly plane, try and book premium. The aircraft is a 19 year old ex Sri Lankan airlines so you will bag your self a lie flat bed for a premium cost.
A friend stuck gold with Norwegian once on a flight to NY also, they were on an ex Singapore Airlines A380, they paid around £600 each for premium and ended up in the old first class cabin.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Im gunna do this for the rtn trip home

Edited at 11:30 AM. Reason: fat thimbs
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Flew with them 3 years ago, LGW to Orlando. Everything was top rate. There was a plane change at check in. We lost our preferred "2 at the back" seats. Delightful Check in lady said the flight's not full, I'll block out the middle seat for you so you can still be honeymooners... we were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List