Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Sep 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniemagoo
Earning More Ears

Tickets for 3 weeks- WWYD?

My husband and I have been discussing what tickets we want to get for our visit and budgets.
We will be staying off site for 3 weeks next June.
We will probably do a park nearly everyday and want flexibility to an extent as we have a DD with ASD so how long we stay can depend on her mood that day so sometimes we go early and have a mid day break and pop somewhere else later. We also definitely want to do KSC (we do this every visit and its a must!). Because of the kids ages it's 5 adult tickets so a big chunk of our budget.
They loved Universal last time and also AK was the big Disney hit but very excited by Galaxys Edge.
I suppose we thought of just biteing the bullet and going for 14 day Universal ticket and 21 day Disney ticket.
I'd love to do Discovery Cove, Dh not so much. We've never done SeaWorld and probably would only visit if it was free with the Discovery Cove ticket.
All the ticket combos are wrecking my head -
So my question is what would the experienced dibbers do? Which tickets give us the best flexibility for the best price?
Thanks in advance!
Our family trips, May 2010,Oct 2017
Last trip 2005
Minniemagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We do 21 days and buy the 14 day Universal and 21 day Disney tickets. It gives us the ability to have down/rest days at the villa. We did 14 days on our first trip and came back exhausted trying to fit everything in.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniemagoo
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
It gives us the ability to have down/rest days at the villa. We did 14 days on our first trip and came back exhausted trying to fit everything in.
That's what's attracting us to the 21 day Disney/14 day universal combo.
Last trip 2005
Minniemagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
we do 21-24 days and usually get 14 day tix for disney and then a 14 day flexi tix for US/SW/BG which is more than enough for us. As we tend to stay onsite for the first week we do the majority of our disney stuff then and just pop back a couple of times on our second week to finish off.

Not sure what the cost difference between 21 day and 14 day tix are for disney but I'm not sure i would buy 21 days tix.

Also i wouldnt write off SW/BG esp if they loved AK. BG has some brilliant rides and shows, its a much quieter park than US/Disney with minimal waiting and some excellent animal encounters and experiences. We also enjoy SW for a much more chilled park day - they have plenty of animal encounters, the shows are really good - lots of them (including one my my faves pets ahoy) feature rescued animals. You have opportunity to feed sharks, dolphins and rays and do some hands on encounters as well. My niece was ASD loves it and again with the exception of the big rides most things have very little wait compared to the other parks

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniemagoo
Earning More Ears

Thanks pinkspideruk, I'll have a look at a 14 day US/SW/BG ticket combo, Is BG far? Is it doable in one day?
Last trip 2005
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
its about a 1.5hr drive if you are driving yourself - its in tampa or they offer a free return coach ride from various locations around orlando/kissimmee with your ticket. For you I suspect driving there and back would be a much more suitable option as it means you can leave when you want rather than waiting on bus pick up.

Have a look at their website
buschgardens/tampa/

Also I am sure you know this already but at all the parks if you go to guest relations you can get a disability access pass for your daughter and entire party to use to help make your visit more enjoyable and easier to manage esp as your going in June when it will be starting to pick up as most of the US schools will have broken up by then

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniemagoo
Earning More Ears

Thanks, yes,we'll probably drive ourselves as we need the freedom to leave if DD needs us to. 1.5hr isn't too bad. Thanks for the link.
Yes, thanks we got the DAS pass and the Universal access pass last time and they are a great help.
Last trip 2005
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

We are staying for 22 nights, 11 onsite universal and 11 onsite Disney

We got the 14 day universal, SW/BS/Aquatica combo that we will use for the first 11 nights then planning to solely use Disney for the last 11 - probably not the most economical way of getting the most out of tickets as we will depart before our Disney tickets expire but we are hoping to get everything we want done.

Next time we go we will more likely be much more selective with our ticket choices but only due to the cost - They all have there different allures for me - I am really looking forward to Busch Gardens again though!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List