Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Saw email from Disney

Got excited

Meh haha! Not really anything new is it? We will have a reservation system but no mention of when? Or if onsite guests get any sort of priority.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
Saw email from Disney

Got excited

Meh haha! Not really anything new is it? We will have a reservation system but no mention of when? Or if onsite guests get any sort of priority.
They don't I'm afraid. I've posted the link somewhere else and fighting a migraine so not in me to hunt it out again but resort guests have no guarantee which is particularly disappointing given the premium we pay.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
They don't I'm afraid. I've posted the link somewhere else and fighting a migraine so not in me to hunt it out again but resort guests have no guarantee which is particularly disappointing given the premium we pay.
Oh well that’s rubbish, given that they have taken away emh and early fp booking which is the main reasons people pay the extra to stay onsite.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Oh well that’s rubbish, given that they have taken away emh and early fp booking which is the main reasons people pay the extra to stay onsite.
I'm sorry I'm struggling tonight and I should clarify the resort guests actually says no guarantee of entry but from what I've read everyone seems to get access to book parks from 60 days out once its live x

It is disappointing
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I'm sorry I'm struggling tonight and I should clarify the resort guests actually says no guarantee of entry but from what I've read everyone seems to get access to book parks from 60 days out once its live x

It is disappointing
That is disappointing! Im pretty certain I’m going to cancel I’m just waiting on confirmation of an offer or no offer before I go head and do it. We like the flexibility to park hop which is another things that has been taken away, although I am a planner it’s nice to have a park morning, head back for the afternoon and then say right what do we fancy this evening.
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

That is disappointing! Im pretty certain I’m going to cancel I’m just waiting on confirmation of an offer or no offer before I go head and do it. We like the flexibility to park hop which is another things that has been taken away, although I am a planner it’s nice to have a park morning, head back for the afternoon and then say right what do we fancy this evening.
That’s exactly what I like doing too. So that’s a biiiiiig spanner in the works.

Not to mention whether we can even re-enter the same park if we go back to the hotel to relax and go back out
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JMisery View Post
That’s exactly what I like doing too. So that’s a biiiiiig spanner in the works.

Not to mention whether we can even re-enter the same park if we go back to the hotel to relax and go back out
Yeah no mention of that either! Just all very uncertain isn’t it! I’m hoping they do offer some sort of deal for next year as pricing up even a value is more than I’ve paid for this year in a moderate with the free dining plan.
Old 12 Jun 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yeah no mention of that either! Just all very uncertain isn’t it! I’m hoping they do offer some sort of deal for next year as pricing up even a value is more than I’ve paid for this year in a moderate with the free dining plan.
It is and it definitely is concerning!
Me too. Although I still would love to go this year regardless. However staying onsite at Disney is becoming more and more *not* worth it. All the benefits are slowly going
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JMisery View Post
It is and it definitely is concerning!
Me too. Although I still would love to go this year regardless. However staying onsite at Disney is becoming more and more *not* worth it. All the benefits are slowly going
You would think Disney would do more to keep their onsite guests coming back, if no deal offered I will seriously consider wether I want to even stay onsite next year as I’m even concerned that things may not 100% go back to how they were by then. we may just do say 5 nights onsite rather than 2 weeks. Our holiday was more or less paid off and by next year would be able to pay whatever price difference but it all boils down to not wanting to pay a huge increase for potentially less perks or Disney to decide actually we don’t need to offer x perk as we could save a bunch of money.
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It is odd that some have had an update email and some have not. We're due to check in at CBR on 26th July and I didn't get this email

I've seen a Kenny the pirate post this morning saying that people with bookings upto 11th July have been contacted and need to let Disney know if they want to keep their reservation, modify or cancel. From what KtP says if the resort booked is not going to be open guests can modify to a new resort with no additional fee, but if the guest wants to modify to a date later in the year then any additional costs are paid for by the guest. No idea if this policy will be applied to UK reservations and guests though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List