Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

I think it's a bit like the guy who tried to explain lockdown restrictions helping the NHS by pouring a jug of water into a bottle.

At the moment, with the new restrictions, Disney is overflowing so they're trying to get as many people as possible to cancel. Once that is done they can see where the level is at and let people make their park bookings.

Then, if the level is low enough, I think they'll start pouring a bit more in by allowing new reservations! Things like free dining and gift cards are the equivalent of putting a hose pipe into the bottle so I think we need to get used to the fact that they're gone.

I really feel for people who have bookings this year, as when we did our first "holiday of a lifetime" we'd spent years saving, planning and booking and the kids saved up birthday/Christmas money. To have that taken away must be gutting.

Edited at 10:42 AM.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by craaazyuk View Post
I think this is just a general email that they have sent if you have a ticket linked to your MDE. Only reason I say that is because the email I use for MDE experience is different to the email I used to book my holiday through Disney. I received this email from Disney through the email linked with MDE and not my booking. I hope that makes sense?!
I am still holding out for what they will offer although I we are pretty certain we are not going this year.
Ah, that makes sense.

Yes, there will be some people who booked a stay at a Disney hotel and they will have received the first email about their package booked with Disney Holidays.

Then there will be those who are staying offsite but have a ticket linked to MDE. They won't have received the first email. So this email is letting them know of all the changes that might affect them.

Makes sense!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Andyathlon
I have Ears

I called disney today as I am over due on paying. I was told this is not the email that UK customers are waiting for. The cast member said that email when it does arive will give simple options a, b, c. It is currently being checked over from a legal perspective due to laws in the UK. So keep waiting for that email...
Andyathlon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
emnick
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Just spoken to CM they said that yesterday’s email was not the one we are waiting for , For Uk bookings, and advised strongly to wait for this email - so we have pushed our payment date back a month
emnick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m fed up of waiting for emails from Disney tbh!
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyathlon
I have Ears

It is likely to say what the atd one has said that came out earlier.
Andyathlon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I wonder if this loss the dining plan will constitute as a big enough change for travel insurance to kick in? We’re considering cancelling and going next year instead but I have a feeling our flights will be going ahead and I would rather not loose £1500!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyathlon
I have Ears

I think based on their contract terms it is a significant change so disney should need to refund under package holiday rules. I have my flights with disney so been waiting for the email otherwise disney wants to keep the deposit I paid for flights.
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

On the phone to Disney about a question not relating to ddp and the lady has said last night's email was either 2 weeks late or they jumped the gun depending on which way you look at it and we should expect to receive another email tonight or tomorrow. They have had meetings today and the result of that will be shared with us most likely tomorrow but could be tonight.
She said to hold off if I wanted to move to 2021 (I don't and didn't ask but I was asking about extra nights for this holiday.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Andyathlon View Post
I think based on their contract terms it is a significant change so disney should need to refund under package holiday rules. I have my flights with disney so been waiting for the email otherwise disney wants to keep the deposit I paid for flights.
Disney have said that if you have a package booked with them and are due to check in before 3rd October 2020 then you can get a full refund.

disneyholidays/wal...orary-closure/

Although it does say in the above that for dates after 3rd October the standard terms and conditions apply.

Please note that TAs do not consider the removal of a free booking incentive to be a "significant change". You and I might think it is, but they don't.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List