Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Did you have to call a separate number to get your magic band refund? Is it a UK number? I couldn’t move them to my new booking for next year so I have to get a refund.
No I didn't ring anyone. I replied to the email I received confirming the order, saying that I'd cancelled my holiday and asking for a refund. They replied asking for my reservation number then on Tuesday they replied saying I'd get the refund in 10 business days.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
emnick
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Just spoken to CM they said that yesterday’s email was not the one we are waiting for , For Uk bookings, and advised strongly to wait for this email - so we have pushed our payment date back a month
emnick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

Email arrived today. 35% off hotel room only. 3 weeks for that! Doesn't cover the cost of the lost dining. Fuming that it took so long to confirm and the options so limited. Taken an all inclusive booking to room only. T&Cs state that if they cannot provide what was offered they must make good. Some will say that the clause for unforeseen circumstances protects them but this clause is used for full cancellations like was done in March/April/May/June. Considering the options...
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sco77ywatty View Post
Email arrived today. 35% off hotel room only. 3 weeks for that! Doesn't cover the cost of the lost dining. Fuming that it took so long to confirm and the options so limited. Taken an all inclusive booking to room only. T&Cs state that if they cannot provide what was offered they must make good. Some will say that the clause for unforeseen circumstances protects them but this clause is used for full cancellations like was done in March/April/May/June. Considering the options...
Was that from Disney Travel Company? I’ve heard that’s what ATD are doing.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

From Disney via ATD.

Changed flights and hotel and park to Universal and Sea World.
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

For what it's worth, I remember being in a thread on here with someone from ATD 2 or 3 years ago. I don't remember what exactly the thread was about, but for some reason it stuck with me that they then posted that they deal directly with Disney in the US, not in the UK. If this is still the case then that might be the reason they are essentially offering the same thing the US free dining bookings are getting.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

On the phone to Disney about a question not relating to ddp and the lady has said last night's email was either 2 weeks late or they jumped the gun depending on which way you look at it and we should expect to receive another email tonight or tomorrow. They have had meetings today and the result of that will be shared with us most likely tomorrow but could be tonight.
She said to hold off if I wanted to move to 2021 (I don't and didn't ask but I was asking about extra nights for this holiday.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Please do, I want to potentially tweak dates so would love to know if they're doing amendments again or know when they will be. Good luck
So the lady I spoke to checked what the process is at the moment and came back and said once we get the email we should be able to reply and modify to add dates but if we have any problems to call back and they will check availability to add dates.
If we wanted to move to 2021 she could check availability so we could be ready to modify once we have THE email but to wait until the email has been recieved before making any final decisions.
She was lovely not exasperated in anyway and almost excited and I know as a group we've heard this a lot these last few weeks but I'm going to stay optimistic until midnight tomorrow that we will hear within the timeframe she gave. Just purely based on her confidence 😂
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
So the lady I spoke to checked what the process is at the moment and came back and said once we get the email we should be able to reply and modify to add dates but if we have any problems to call back and they will check availability to add dates.
If we wanted to move to 2021 she could check availability so we could be ready to modify once we have THE email but to wait until the email has been recieved before making any final decisions.
She was lovely not exasperated in anyway and almost excited and I know as a group we've heard this a lot these last few weeks but I'm going to stay optimistic until midnight tomorrow that we will hear within the timeframe she gave. Just purely based on her confidence 😂
I really appreciate your update. Fingers crossed for an email tomorrow. Seems odd on a Saturday though? Not sure why I think that lol
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I really appreciate your update. Fingers crossed for an email tomorrow. Seems odd on a Saturday though? Not sure why I think that lol
I've had the email and it's on the manage my booking page of disney holidays website:

An Important Walt Disney World Update
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast Members in mind.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some experiences. Find out about these changes on our Experience Updates page. As more information becomes available it will be updated on that page, so please check back regularly. In addition, we will be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited, and certain experiences such as Character Dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney Dining plans. We recognise the inconvenience this poses and we're deeply sorry.

We will be modifying your booking to remove the free dining plan (and upgraded elements, if applicable) and to add a 35% accommodation discount. You will receive a refund of the difference in your booking price if you have paid in full, or a reduction in the amount due if you have not yet made final payment.
Our Water Parks will remain closed until further notice.
As you have valid Theme Park admission you should have access to the reservation system before new tickets are sold, and we will contact you soon with more details.
Unfortunately, these measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made.
You have the option to modify your booking to a new date at no amendment fee, subject to availability.
Please confirm your preference as a result of these changes:

Accept changes to your booking and travel as planned
Move your holiday to a new date
Cancel your booking and receive a full refund
If we do not hear from you with a decision by 27th June 2020 we will assume that you do not accept the changes and wish to cancel with a full refund.

It is important that you have a My Disney Experience account and have linked your tickets, as this will allow you to reserve Theme Park access once the system is available.