Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

Moved our holiday to August 2021. Decided as a family that shortened park times, masks all day, no fireworks, no parades, no water parks, no meet and greets, no pre ride shows (at Universal anyway), cancelled ADR, removal of free dining, no fast passes, having to book parks, worry of temperature screenings, added to the rising infection rates in Florida just makes it an experience we don’t want

For those still going I hope you stay safe and have a great time. I’ll be off here probably until the new year when I start getting excited all over again!
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Still aboard the positivity train here!
Accepted the changes with Disney. Plan is to reduce from 10 nights down to five once I’m able to. If I can’t do that I’ll likely cancel at loss of deposit. Still have my plan B Endless Summer/Gulf Coast accom in place which I’ll amend those once I know what’s happening with Disney.

Extended car hire duration with BA/Avis so we can escape the Disney bubble for cheaper off-site eats.

Ever hopeful that masks will be gone, water parks will be back, the border will be open, and FCO advisory gone!
Choo choo! 😂
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Hoping we hear this week about park bookings. I have no idea of the headlines for today so I'm very much aboard the positivity train.
Would love to get the park bookings going so we can then decide finally whether it will be disney or universal.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Leaving the positivity party. BA cancelled our flights today so it’s the end of our dream for this year. Good luck everyone hope you get there!

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by floridafan101 View Post
Leaving the positivity party. BA cancelled our flights today so it’s the end of our dream for this year. Good luck everyone hope you get there!
Ah I'm sorry(if you're disappointed) when were you due to travel? X
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It's official, we pressed the button to stay.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Thank you for this, it's very interesting. Some people are naturally negative. My mother is and I moved 200 miles away from her because she was pulling me down so much. It was one of my better decisions 😀
Thing is though , I’m not naturally negative at all.
I’ve been very positive up until just 3
days ago but with the news of a surge in cases in the USA today and then all the protests it’s really hard to stay positive .
You are right that Fauci isn’t in charge but it’s a good indication of when the borders may open and yes virgin could fly if they wanted to but doesn’t mean anyone will be going on holiday , they’d be flying empty planes at this rate .
Fingers crossed it all improves in the next few weeks for those still wanting to go 🤞🏼

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
It's official, we pressed the button to stay.
Did you get any acknowledgement when you pressed the button? We had nothing to confirm we accepted...
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Thing is though , I’m not naturally negative at all.
I’ve been very positive up until just 3
days ago but with the news of a surge in cases in the USA today and then all the protests it’s really hard to stay positive .
You are right that Fauci isn’t in charge but it’s a good indication of when the boarders may open and yes virgin could fly if they wanted to but doesn’t mean anyone will be going on holiday , they’d be flying empty planes at this rate .
Fingers crossed it all improves in the next few weeks for those still wanting to go 🤞🏼
From what I've been reading Fauci isn't Trump's favourite person and Trump often does the opposite of what Fauci thinks he should do. So I'm getting on that plane in September unless Trump makes it official that the borders will be closed then. He is the only person I will listen to. Everything else is just speculation and speculation has a tendency to be wrong.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
From what I've been reading Fauci isn't Trump's favourite person and Trump often does the opposite of what Fauci thinks he should do. So I'm getting on that plane in September unless Trump makes it official that the borders will be closed then. He is the only person I will listen to. Everything else is just speculation and speculation has a tendency to be wrong.
Well, ok then ...
He doesn’t like Dr Fauci because he doesn’t like being told what he should do .
The surge over there, especially in Florida speaks for itself .
Nothing trump says can make those numbers change .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List