Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m saying farewell to this lovely thread as sadly I don’t see my August trip going ahead, so we have made the decision to cancel our hotels and car hire, and move our virgin flights to next easter, for a trip to Vegas. Feel sad but relieved to be past the uncertainty, I definitely don’t want to put a downer in anyone’s trip, I just can’t see the USA opening up for several more months, but that’s just my opinion and I’d be over the moon for anyone who gets to travel in the near future. Here’s hoping!
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Well I really have missed a lot this last couple of days... We just had to put our little cat to sleep (cancer at 2 years old) which has been a big shock. Really does put things into perspective.

I’m trying hard to keep positive and it’s a real shame to see the constant negativity on this post. This isn’t what I intended when I started the post and I’m sorry to those of you who who’ve been castigated for trying to keep this post positive.

Any how I’ve loved the new positive focus on restaurants and things to put on our eating wish list for our visits (hopefully as planned in August, Sept, Oct, Nov... )

I’ve no idea whether my August trip will go ahead but I’m still planning and keeping my fingers crossed. I need this holiday right now. I am however more focused on my plan B , which is now a few days in the gulf coast and a 2nd Villa.

More positive news... my daughter’s passport arrived today after 8 weeks! And it’s a new dark blue one.

Oh and I successfully booked all my Disney park days.

Helga 🤞
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Well I really have missed a lot this last couple of days... We just had to put our little cat to sleep (cancer at 2 years old) which has been a big shock. Really does put things into perspective.

I’m trying hard to keep positive and it’s a real shame to see the constant negativity on this post. This isn’t what I intended when I started the post and I’m sorry to those of you who who’ve been castigated for trying to keep this post positive.

Any how I’ve loved the new positive focus on restaurants and things to put on our eating wish list for our visits (hopefully as planned in August, Sept, Oct, Nov... )

I’ve no idea whether my August trip will go ahead but I’m still planning and keeping my fingers crossed. I need this holiday right now. I am however more focused on my plan B , which is now a few days in the gulf coast and a 2nd Villa.

More positive news... my daughter’s passport arrived today after 8 weeks! And it’s a new dark blue one.

Helga 🤞
So sorry about your precious little cat-poor love.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
So sorry about your precious little cat-poor love.
Thanks Nadya x
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Helga 🤞
I'm so sorry you lost your little cat it really does put things into perspective.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Quertychap
Excited about Disney

With the virus now rampant in Florida, why does anyone want to go there? This will not be over any time soon.
Quertychap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Helga 🤞
Aww, Helga, I’m really sorry to hear the sad news about your little cat, bless your heart - that’s no age at all 😔 I hope you’re doing ok 😘
Great news about the passport! That’s something you don’t have to worry about for a good few years now 😊.
We originally cancelled our August 6th booking with Orlando Attractions as I explained earlier but then I decided that I should try to amend it to next year instead. OA were absolutely fantastic! Although she’d cancelled it, Sarah got onto Disney, somehow got them to reinstate the booking, then got it amended to next year for us! We’ve gone for Beach Club this time because I fancy the skyliner AND she managed to get our son added to the booking! So, fingers crossed, he might be able to join us if he happens to get leave at the same time as us. It might not all come together, BUT then again it might! And I’m a glass half full kind of girl, and that’s the joy of choosing to be positive in life isn’t it 😊
So Helga, fabulous that you’ve got your passport and reservations sorted, I hope plan A comes together but pleased you’re enjoying thinking about your plan B. If it comes to needing a plan C eventually, like most of us on this thread that you started, you’d have made the last few months better than they would otherwise have been AND you’ll still have a plan C to get focussing on 😃
So Helga, cheers to you and this little thread of sunshine that you’ve created and many others have kept going on The Dibb 😘💕xxx
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Quertychap View Post
With the virus now rampant in Florida, why does anyone want to go there? This will not be over any time soon.
Some of us are fed up of simply existing and want to get on with life. If you're afraid then so be it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Not being on the dining plan means we are going to be trying more restaurants and I do want to give Outback a try! Longhorns is our go it restaurant for steak.

We are all set for Disney now with all our parks booked for the first 16days. I need to phone Universal tomorrow to cancel and then see if Disney can add a day to our booking as now we are going a day earlier. Oh and I need to move our airport hotel booking! I'm very much hoping twilight checkin is still an option at gatwick. I spoke to the lady from BA yesterday and asked if my flight was cancelled because they were pulling out of Gatwick but she explain it was due to reduced numbers flying they were consolidating.

I think we are going to be fine and more importantly so is florida and the rest of the US these case are going to start going down next week and it's going to double down each day to manageable levels.

What is really freaking me out is I am normally packed to go by now, in fact I've normally packed and repackaged 4 times and spent a fortune clothes shopping by now 🤣🤣 Ds needs some shorts and tshirts because he's growing like grass, I think dd may need a couple of pairs of shorts and I need 2 or 3 tops. Dh needs nothing. I might get the cases down if it rains on Saturday and see what I've hidden in them for this trip, I'm hoping swimwear!

I like I have a park plan now though and I've heard that water park staff have been asked to come back and prepare so I'm keeping everything crossed on that one.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Quertychap View Post
I wrote a whole big response and then thought what's the point you clearly ignored the title of the thread so would undoubtedly ignore what I wrote but I will say...

Staying positive doesn't hurt anyone so why as my dad would say why p*** on our bonfire? This is rhetorical and there are plenty of other threads you can comment on that do not ask responders to respect this is for those who are trying to remain positive.

Edited at 11:15 PM.